OpenGL / WGL Function for Windows 10 / 32 Bit

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon on a Thinkpad.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
N/A

Description Of Issue
Dear Support Team,

After the first installation of Roon, the following error message occurred after the start:

Roon could not find WGL Functions required to initialize OpenGL

The following graphics driver is installed and updated / without success.

• ATI Mobility Radeon X1400.
  • OpenGL 4.6 was installed manually / without success
  • AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 / without success

Could the WGL functions be realized with the MESA?
… or what additional options are there?

Thanks for your support.
Ralf

Looks like it supports OpenGL 2.0 only.

Hi @Ralf,

As BlackJack mentioned above (thanks for pointing that out!) your device does not support OpenGL 3.0 which is a requirement for Roon. Unfortunately this device will not be able to use Roon’s UI.

Use it as a Roon Core only (without GUI). FAQ: How do I move my library over to RoonServer? How do I run headless? Ignore the parts about migrating your library if not needed. (? LinuxInstall because you mentioned MESA ?)

Use hardware that meets the requirements. FAQ: What are the minimum requirements?

Hello Dylan, hello BlackJack,

thank you for your feedback. …Yes, it is an older IBM Thinkpad T60 with the ATI graphics card X1400.

Here is a solution (… which may also help others) how the older WINDOWS 32 bit computer works well with the Roon software:

1. The current MESA version 20.01. for Windows 32 bit in the main directory of Roon (do not create your own local order). Now Roon opens without an error message, Only the pull down menus do not work yet.
  2. Deactivate the full-screen optimizations in the Roon EXE file / Properties / Compatibility. Now the menus and the surface change with the mouse also work.
    P.S .: There is still a new NUC in the network with the recommended HW components and Rock (works very well). Furthermore a middle-aged HP Notebook Windows 64 Bit as well as a WD NAS 2/2 TB and an Android and an iPhone.

Greetings from Ralf

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.