Windows 10, Intel i5 660k, 16gb memory

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet via Archer 2300

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi4b

Number of Tracks in Library

60,000+

Description of Issue

After I’ve added to or changed/updated the music library on the HD, quite often when Roon loads half the database is missing and I have to force a re-scan. This can take 20 minutes or so and is a pain in the proverbial.

The HD is 4 TB. Are there any tweaks or things I can do to help/solve the problem?

Cheers, John

Try not to have roon running when adding music to your library location.

Thanks for the suggestion. I never have Roon running until everything is done although a few times I’ve added albums to the HD when it is running and it’s picked them up. However, I haven’t monitored what happens after I start it again.

I guess I need to be more rigorous.

Cheers, John

Im assuming the HDD is directly connected to the Core machine…if not then what is the complete setup?

A PC with several HD and SSD drives. The music files are on a 4TB WDC Black HD and the Core is on a Samsung Evo 960 PCIe3. Memory is 2x Corsair 8GB DDR4 - 2400

Can you also share a screen shot of the Storage settings for Roon, maybe we can spot something in there that might be amiss

Not much to see but here you go:-

seems it is still importing or analysing tracks (if you check under Library settings) perhaps try throttling the analysis.

When it has finished loading the files from a re-scan, it is always showing what you see in the screen grab - throttled or not. The circulating “adding to the library” never seems to stop.

Well just have to wait for @support to show up…

1 Like

Hi @John_Rainey ,

How is the drive formatted, is it using a standard NTFS file system? Is there anything particular about the drive, are you using any drive management tools or is it part of a RAID setup? Can you please use these instructions to send us a set of your Roon logs for review? Thanks!