Option to watch for new files on demand only

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux x86_64 4.13.0-46-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP (custom built hardware), Roon 1.7 (latest)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Everything on copper LAN 1 Gbps, Check Point 750 Appliance,

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1: OPPO UDP-205 (LAN); 2: PC with RME ADI-2 Pro (LAN)

Description Of Issue

First of all thanks for great forums and promising piece of software (I am on my first day of trial).
My music library is a directory mounted over NFS on roon server machine. I am not using SMB for different reasons.
I am looking for option to watch for new files on demand only. Currently my network share is accessible as locally mounted directory and core server does not have any idea this is a network share. Due to this my library (storage folder) is always scanned in real time. Tthis is the only option for local directories, which is not optimal.
I keep all music files stored on a network attached storage with protected spinning drives and those will never be put to sleep. I’d like to set core server to stop real time watching or better to have an option to perform a manual scan only when necessary (on demand, by user request). Is such option available anywhere?
Thanks!

You can change the scan interval to only scan on startup of Roon.

Thanks, that was a quick answer, but… my storage folder looks as below:

Like I stated it is mounted on roon core server and treated as a local directory, thus no other options like “watching in real time” are available. At least this is how it looks to me. Any other options?
Thanks!

If you chose Edit, would you post a screenshot of that?

Sure:

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi @Maciej,

The Automatic Rescan Interval isn’t available for local drives (which is how Roon is seeing this drive locally mounted). This setting also doesn’t disable real-time watching of a folder. At the moment there is no way to disable this in Roon.

Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

We appreciate the feedback! Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you Dylan, that looked like it worked as designed.
I will post a feature request with description.

All the best for 2020!
Maciej

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.