Overview and Artist View problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+ Roon V. 1.7, build 500
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbbi hub, Cisco SG110D-5 switch, wired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 140 Pro. Nucleus+, 140 Pro, and Orbi hub all connect to the Cisco switch (1 metre cables to 140 Pro and Nucleus+, the switch is connected by in wall cabling to the Orbi hub in another room

Description Of Issue

A number of albums are displaying the wrong thumbnail image of the album cover in the Overview and Artist View displays on my iPad (latest build for iOS app). When an album with the wrong cover is selected and the album view is displayed the correct cover shows.

This problem started around Tuesday/Wednesday last week and may or may not be related to V. 1.7 of the Roon software. Relevant history is as follows (all dates Australian time):

Tuesday 19 Nov: Received Nucleus+ back from the Australian distributor after repair of faulty ethernet port. Reinstalled internal SSD with music library, cancelled account details showing for repair tech and re-entered my own account details.

Tuesday 19 Nov/Wed 20 Nov: updated to Roon V. 1.7 build 500, started noticing problem.

I can’t be certain whether the problem is related to the new version of Roon or a result of something that happened during the repair. It appears that Roon OS Build 183 was installed by the repair tech while the Nucleus+ was away for repair and while his account details and library were active. Is it possible that changing the library details during the repair, probably prior to updating the Roon OS, and they my reinstalling my SSD and restoring my own library details resulted in some corruption?

Do I need to rebuild the database in order to restore correct album cover display? If so, how would I initiate a rebuild of the database?

Hi @David_Aiken,

Can you share a couple screenshots of what you’re seeing here?

Does this appear this way on all remotes?

Don’t know how to share screen shots here. The wrong album covers are covers from different albums by different artists in my library. For example, I have 8 albums by Madeleine Peyroux ripped to my library and 4 were showing the covers of wrong albums by entirely different artists, no relationship in either artist name or album name to the correct albums. The correct album name is shown in text below the image and, as mentioned in my original post, the cover always displays correctly when I tap on the album and go to the album view.

I usually only use 1 remote but I just tried using the Roon app on a second iPad and checked Madeleine Peyroux’s artist page on it. All 8 albums were displaying correctly on that page so it looks like it may be happening on only 1 remote, not all remotes. I haven’t tried checking every artist on the second iPad to see if everything displays correctly on it, but the problem doesn’t occur for every artist on the first iPad.

OK, the fact that things looked OK on the second iPad got me thinking. I just deleted the Roon Remote app on the first iPad and then reinstalled a new copy of the app. It is displaying correctly for Madeleine Peyroux.

That may have fixed the problem. Can we close this issue and I’ll see how things go over the next few days. I’ll raise a new issue if the problem is still there or recurs.

Many thanks for your response which pointed me in a different direction than the way I had been thinking.

Hi @David_Aiken,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad you got things working! It sounds like there may have been a caching issue, but you should be good to go moving forward. If you see this return you can go to Settings > Setup and choose the Clear Image Cache option and that will likely get you working again.

Thanks!