Overview page loading slowly

Hi Dylan,
Thanks for looking into this for us @dylan , @nuwriy .

I’m experiencing the same problem as @WSL. Slow loading of “Overview” page. Everything is quick and snappy except when I press the Overview button. I can be clicking all over Roon with split second response but once I hit Overview it takes 4-6 seconds at best and up to 9 seconds at its worst. This happens from my core (MacMini), Remotes (iPad) and (Windows 10).

Core Machine: Mac Mini (late 2014) High Sierra 10.13.6
Roon: 1.7 (build 537)
Network: Wifi Apple Airport Extreme ac
Audio Devices: AlloDigiOne SPDIF, Chromecast Audio

Thanks,
Jay

1 Like

Hello @Jason, thanks for the info. I would like you to reproduce this issue one more time so I can get this information over to our team for further review. Here’s what would help:

1. On the core, go ahead and attempt to access the Overview screen and let me know how long it takes.
  2. Do the same on each remote you have currently
  3. Reply here with timestamps (in your local time) when you do these steps

From there, I will enable diagnostics for your account and get the information over to our team for a deeper look. Thanks!

Hi Nuwiry,
Thanks for your help.

1. On the core today it was surprisingly fast, only 2 seconds! Usually this is slow as well, about 4-6 seconds.
  2. My iPad is about 6 seconds. On my work PC Windows10 overview opened up after about 6 seconds as well.
  3. Local time is 2:03pm, Toronto, EDT

Thanks again,
Jay

Very inconsistent.
I just experienced a 10 second load time of the Overview page on my Windows Remote. Time stamp 2:14pm, EDT.

Thanks,
Jay

Hello @Jason,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your remotes are active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers.

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hello @Jason and thanks for your patience while I discuss load times with my team. We have analyzed the data you’ve provided and recently made some changes recently which we believe should help here. Have you noticed any change in performance when loading this page? We are continuing to investigate how we can improve this further but we cannot provide any timelines just yet.

Thanks again!

Hi nuwriy,
The load times for the “Overview” button are a bit better, still not great or consistent, but an improvement of about a second or two, at best it has taken half the time to load as before. I have split second response as I navigate anywhere in Roon, both local libraries and Tidal services open up very fast. Sometimes split second response, very snappy. But the “Overview” is still where the pause happens and takes away from the overall experience.

Thanks again to you and your team for continuing to making improvements. Much appreciated :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
Jay

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.