Roon Core Machine

Mac Pro 2013 latest OS

Networking Gear & Setup Details

HARD WIRED

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Rose 150b to PS Audio DSD MK 2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

After software upgrade push last night, now showing parametric eq blue dot in signal path although parametric eq disabled, never used and deleted from filters. No other changes. Tried to restart Roon core and computer. But issue persists. Shows on both files and streaming. Never enabled or have seen this issue before. Thanks!

A screenshot of what you can see would be very useful.

Per request. Other than updating the Roon software, there have not been any hardware or software changes before the update or since the update. I have never seen the blue dot indicating a parametric eq filter was activated before and never used this filter or never enabled.

Roon’s signal path is just showing/reporting what is happening (and where). As your pictures shows, the EQ is located in your Rose streamer.

PS: IIRC there was already a thread about this that even contained a reply from Roon staff. Sadly I’m unable to find this thread anymore – maybe it got hidden for some reason.

There’s no plan for an equalizer e.g. of RS150B…

eng.hifirose.com – 25 Jan 22

Rs150b equaliser : HiFi ROSE

Any indication on when we can expect an Eq setting

My device has the identical phenomenon since the update. However, I cannot detect any change in the sound. In my opinion, a bug in the software or it is a display feature???
Then other devices must shown the “custom” EQ, too…

Nothing was changed in the Rose 150b before the Roon update or after. I can only associate the introduction of the parametric eq into signal path as a consequence of the Roon update.

I do not perceive any change in the SQ.

There might be a bug in the Roon update causing this phenomenon and hence the reason for the post.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.