Roon Core Machine

Nucleus hard wired to hi speed internet

Networking Gear & Setup Details

eeros

Connected Audio Devices

cambridge audio streamer for this instance

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I use the ios app on my iphone 14 latest ios in my living room to stream to my cambridge audio, there is an eeros router right in the room as well. I have no problem with Plex, Apple tv 4K movies, etc.
For a year now using Roon just spins ''waiting for your roon core" and it takes forever to just play a song.
I am trying to decide if I want to pay 150 dollars a year for this now, but not if this cannot be fixed. I mean come on there are so many people complaining about this. For me, it happens mostly it seems if I choose an artist with a large library. Starting to think it’s the Nucleus.
Anyways will this be fixed? I am certainly not going to pay such a high price if I cannot use the software as intended. Thanks

Hey @James_Cortez,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

How is your core connected to your router? Can you break down your network setup in more detail?

Does this only happen on your iOS device? Are you able to test this issue across other remotes? Please take note of the date and time the next time this happens, and share it here.

With that, we’ll also want a set of your iOS logs after you’ve reproduced the issues. Please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi Ben. thank so much and I know you must be busy so no worries, especially since, and it could have been you? A Roon support helped me via Reddit. It’s working now!! So happy. Having another issue now with my Fii0 but will research before starting a thread. Thanks again.

2 Likes