Peachtree Nova SKY WiFi module

Hey Peachtree nova peeps, the Peachtree folks have updated information about the long-promised WiFi module, and being Roon Ready (or whatever it’s branded as) isn’t currently in the mix. However, they do say that they “are keeping an eye on the amount of requests we get for it,” so if you’d like your nova to have a built-in Roon endpoint, send them an email and let them know: sales@peachtreeaudio.com

1 Like

I already send a lot to Peachtree tech a month or two ago. And I’ve been bugging them about including Roon since 2017. But sure, I’ll take another crack at it.

I just sent an email and received a reply that “at this time, it will not be Roon Ready” but yes they are keeping an eye on the number of requests they get for it…

1 Like

Roon is spreading like wild fire and in my opinion may impact purchase decisions for some. Adding streaming capabilities is great, and looking forward to it. As a peachtree nova300 owner I think they are doing their market and buyers a disservice. Especially when they are working on the updated sky for the Nova300 et al. Maybe I will hook up my $20 chromecast to my multil thousand dollar peachtree; then i will have an end point!! lol

Yeah, seems like a no-brainer to me too! :man_shrugging:

OTOH, my raspberry pi with ropieee has never failed me or my nova300, and I can pipe Ethernet directly to it, which will not be possible with the long-awaited WiFi module.

I’m still going to go for the discounted upgrade, if only to bolster the resale value for when the time comes.

Yes, same here regarding the upgrade. Will do that, then determine next steps. Looking forward to it. Things change, so who knows what else will be available in the next few months.

Reviving this thread to link to an update about WiFi that (surprise) Peachtree hasn’t appeared to publicize.

https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/support/technotes/wifiqa.html

TLDR: Peachtree scrapped their WiFi module and is partnering with Lenbrook/Bluesound to offer the node 2i instead.

June 3rd, 2020
Peachtree Audio Wi-Fi update and Special Offer

Greetings All,

We hope this letter finds you in good health during this difficult time. The Wi-Fi story with Peachtree has been a long one so we’ll try to get to the point quickly. Bear with us because there’s a happy ending. As most of you know our goal was to ship the optional module as soon as we could after the nova500 began shipping in November 2018. We are now more than 18 months out and still see a long road ahead for the LinkPlay engineers working on the project. In addition, we see an even longer road ahead to add new streaming services like amazon music HD and other great features like Roon integration. In short, we did a little homework and found that LinkPlay’s largest customers were all demanding they provide Alexa support, so all the high-resolution features they were working on for their high-end customers were put on the back burner. We don’t typically describe what goes on behind the scenes but this has gone on a long time and we want to be transparent. So we have made the very difficult decision to suspend work on the internal wireless input project altogether and take an entirely different path to deliver a class-leading solution.

During the time the LinkPlay engineers were developing their firmware for our upgrade, the Peachtree team was exploring alternative options. The overarching goal for the entire Peachtree wireless program was to ensure that it provides excellent sound quality and access to the high-resolution streaming services our customers requested the most. After an exhaustive evaluation process, Peachtree has chosen to enter into a formal relationship with the folks at Lenbrook and, more specifically, to put our full support behind the incredible BluOS wireless system.

Our team was extremely impressed with BluOS’s ability to reliably stream true high-resolution audio from services like Qobuz and amazon music HD and to output it digitally to the DACs inside our nova products. BluOS’s stand-alone streaming product, the NODE 2i, had everything we were planning to add to our nova products and much, much more!

To understand the main feature differences, this chart shows what LinkPlay was working on for their high-end customers (like Peachtree) and what the Bluesound NODE 2i includes:

As you can see the NODE 2i + BluOS has all the features we would have provided along with many others we would not have been able to. It is a better solution now and for the future.

So what does this mean if I already own a nova (bought before June 8, 2020) and was expecting to upgrade it to include the wireless input feature?

Please email orders@peachtreeaudio.com with the subject “nova Wi-Fi special offer” and be sure to include your nova model number and serial number (located on the rear panel) in the body of the email. Our team will email the offer details and further instructions. We ask for your patience in advance as we are anticipating a high number of requests and the availability of the NODE 2i is limited at this time.

What if I buy a nova after June 7th?
Going forward, all novas will be sold without the wireless input feature. In addition, we are offering nova "bundles’’ that include a Bluesound NODE 2i and a Peachtree nova at a significant savings; the nova150 bundle includes a $100 savings, the nova300 bundle includes a $200 savings and the nova500 bundle includes a $300 savings. We are also including a 60-day free trial (~$20 value) of Roon at no extra charge with every nova bundle purchase. We ask for your patience in advance as we are anticipating a high number of requests and the availability of the NODE 2i is limited at this time. Unless instructed otherwise, the nova may ship in advance of the NODE 2i for all bundle orders.