I have a Core running on a QNAP TS451+ with 8GB and an SSD for the database. I use my Samsung S8 or a Surface laptop for control. My audio goes to a Bluesound Node2 connected to an Anthem AVM60. I find that once or twice a week when I attempt to control the core, I am unable to connect to the core. I can connect directly to the QNAP using a web browser and see the core is running. If I restart the Roon application only on the QNAP, I am immediately able to connect from either the S8 or the surface laptop to the core.
My network is based on Netgear Orbi wireless router and wireless extenders and several Netgear Gig switches. The QNAP and Bluesound are wired, the S8 and Surface laptop are wireless. The wireless and wired share the same 192.168.2.0/24 network. The QNAP is using a single Gig ethernet connection and is not configured for virtual switch or bonding. The QNAP has a fixed address assigned by the Orbi via DHCP. The Orbi acts as the DNS locally.
Core on QNAP, Control on Surface Laptop - 1.5 (build 323) stable (64bit)
Control on S8 - 1.5 (build 323) stable (32bit)
Bluesound - 2.16.9, RAAT SDK 1.1.15
Database - ~13K tracks, 1187 MB - Free space: 97 GB