Roon Core Machine

MacMini i7 2012, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

LAN-Connection. plays audio via toslink

Connected Audio Devices

marantz sr7007, denon cool piccolo

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

• permanently playback errors (stops playing music), quit roon and start it again helps but takes 2-3 mins of time!!!
  • “title auf tidal derzeit nicht verfügbar” but Tidal is deactivated in roon radio
  • several tidal albums in library which were not added
  • db backup dienst work
  • etc. pp.

Logs: Dropbox - Roon.zip - Simplify your life

Hello!

Also mac mini 2012 16GB and toslink. No problems.
I use Roon maybe 1 week so it may make a difference…

Do you mean that your Roon library shows albums from Tidal that you didn’t add yourself? In that case, your Tidal account might have been hacked. Change your Tidal password.

1 Like

I don’t think you can exclude Tidal from Roon Radio. You can exclude tracks from outside your library. But your Roon library may consist of albums from local files aswell as albums from Tidal and/or Qobuz.

yes you can. or should be able to. see screenshot. but this doesn’t work!

“Beschränke Roon Radio auf die Bibliothek”… meinen Sie?
This means: Limit Roon Radio to library. As I said: your Roon library consists of local tracks and tracks or albums form streaming services that you have added to your Roon library. (Which is the same as: favourited in Tidal.)
The exclusion here (Beschränkung) means that it will not play Tidal tracks that you have not added to your library. So: only music that you know, no new music.

2 Likes

Hey @Andreas_Knoche,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your patience :pray:t2:

I was wondering if, at this point, there’s still anything that our team could help with? We’d love to :nerd_face:

See the logs here :roll_eyes:

fun fact: quitting roon and starting it again (what takes 2-3 mins!!!) ends the probs. for a little while :roll_eyes:

Hey @Andreas_Knoche,

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch. We appreciate you sharing logs from the very beginning. However, before diving that deep, it would help to get a clear description of the symptoms you’re experiencing and offer some troubleshooting steps.

I’ll keep an eye out for your post.

See the [moderated] logs!!! :rage: what are they made for?

the errors are often enough described here. permanently errors, not playing music (“wiedergabe gestoppt, zu viele störungen”), stopping music after every track, plays no tidal (“dieser Titel ist auf tidal zur zeit nicht verfügbar”) usw. :man_facepalming:

but after quitting Roon and starting it again in runs without probs. for a while… :roll_eyes:

[Moderated]

Hey @Andreas_Knoche,

It seems that, from where you stand, logs should provide all the information we need to determine the cause of the issue and propose solution steps. And many times they do. This, however, does not replace the information that can be shared about the issue at hand.

Escalating issues to the technical team for log review is part of our workflow. However, before doing that, there are a number of troubleshooting steps to go through.

It sounds like you are turning off Roon and restarting it as part of your regular music listening experience. Startup time is highly dependent on the resources of your Core machine, but, it might also be slowed down by your audio analysis settings. You can set both background on on demand analysis to off:

In general, our recommendation is to set Background Analysis to throttled and On demand analysis to fast, but it might be worth exploring what works best in your setup.

The next part are various playback issues. Those clearly don’t allow for an enjoyable music listening experience and we’re very sorry you’re dealing with that.

Could you please share what is the source of your music files? Do both local files and TIDAL streaming display the exact same behavior?

As a test, could you please play music to your System Output (please, enable it in Settings → Audio and then select it as a zone) and let us know if you experience the same behavior?

Hopeful we’ll hear back from you :relieved: