Personal albums tags disapear after deleting tracks of same album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64 bits
Roon version 1.7 (build 528)
Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60 Ghz
32Go RAM
Motherboard Maximus XI Hero
Roon core on C drive which is raid 1 array of two SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 of 1To
Library on internal HDD Seagate Ironwolf ST4000VN008 4To
Graphic card Nvidia GeForce 970

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Lumin T2 and Core machine connected to Netgear GS105 switch.
The switch Netgear GS105 is itself connected to an Orbi mesh Netgear system (used only as switch, not router) to dispatch for wifi connected end points. Remotes will be connected in wifi to the Orbi.
The Orbi mesh Netgear is itself connected to the router (Livebox Pro by ISP Orange)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Core optical digital output to stereo system
Lumin T2 via ethernet
2 Chromecast Ultra by ethernet
4 Chromecast audio by wifi
2 Google Mini by wifi

Description Of Issue

When deleting tracks from album the personal tags are removed by Roon, so I have to note the tags and re-establish after tracks have been deleted.

Before track deletion

After tracks deletion

Another (minor) issue coming with track deletion is that sometime Roon is putting the album as unidentified, so I need to identify again.

Hello @Rmax, thanks for the information! I have reproduced the issue on my end and passed the info onto our team.

That deletes the file from your hard drive. Are you sure that is what you want. Deleting a track triggers Roon’s Album Identification process, which is why you are loosing your edits, and/or, it becomes unidentified.

You would be better served by “Hiding” the track. No edits are lost and you can “unhide” the track later.

Great thanks,

I understand from your answer that this is an expected behaviour then, but it doesn’t fit with my usage I am afraid.

I don’t want to use the hide feature, because I am not trusting Roon anymore.

I am coming from other softwares and learned the hard way that selecting thousands of tracks could be lost in software bug or back up not recovering properly.

I thought Roon would be different, and I did loaded full albums whilst I had folders with only selected tracks.

I have seen Roon not being stable and I don’t want to take any risk that carefull years of selections would be gone in seconds due to an incorrect back up or other.

That is why I am back in selecting the “physical” “hard” way: so keeping only the tracks that I like to listen too and deleting the others.

That way if any bugs, Roon will not add all the non-selected tracks back again because they are not physically there anymore.

The other advantage is saving of hard drive space and cleansing my virtual environment “Marie Kondo” kind of tidying up approach…only keep what you really care about and making you feel good…

By the way I have another open support request because of refresh issues with Roon when selecting tracks etc…That other request is more important and annoying…

Hi @Rmax,

We appreciate the feedback here! We checked in with the team on this and confirmed that the behavior you’re seeing is currently the designed behavior. I understand that this might not work as you’d like, though, so feel free to open a post in #roon:feature-requests! Our team keeps a close eye on that category as we plan changes, so it’s definitely a good place to make such a request and gain feedback from the community.

Thanks!

Hi @dylan,

Great thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.