Physical Volume Control Knob

I created a Roon Extension for volume control using the SpaceNavigator USB. This uses RAW HID USB communication, so it does not require a 3Dconnexion driver. It also runs fine on a Raspberry Pi bridge:

Is this HID communication compatible with Windows, so if I run your app with node on windows will it work?

It should. Did not test on Windows though.

Just to let you know.
@Klaus_Engel an I started a cooperation. Soon you will find an extension for this here SpaceMouse Wireless - Official 3Dconnexion UK store in rooExtend.

1 Like

I just keep it simple and analog, with a nice fat physical knob between my dac and amp. I have a similar one coming with xlr ports to set up a speaker tap as well.

1 Like

Here is something new that might be interesting for you…

roo6D - The wireless high-end physical volume knob for Roon - Audio Products - Roon Labs Community

Just a quick update – I am still working on the Spin product. I put it on the backburner for a while due to the pandemic and I ended up making some major hardware changes so I can get the cost to manufacture them down. I am also working on a customized Roon integration.

@DrCWO maybe Spin could be part of RooExtend? I was thinking of writing something very customized especially for Roon running either on the same computer that Roon Core runs, or try to integrate with Ropiee.

Can’t run for ROCK or Nucleus so best you go a standalone option like pi or shared platform development like ropieee or rooextend

What you mean by „spin“
Best DrCWO