Pioneer debuting AVR that reportedly will be Roon Ready

It’s already November, the lack of update persists.

@Roon Team, care to comment what the progress is?

Fantastic news!!! Roon-Ready certification has been granted to the Integra DRX 8.4/Onkyo TX-RZ70/Pioneer LX VSA-LX805 trio of AVR receivers. Can’t wait for the official roon firmware. Hope it arrives before the holidays!! Here is the link for the Integra partners: Title of Page

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Thanks for this news. But on the page you linked to, only Integra 8.4 is listed as Roon Ready. Where did you read it’s for the trio?

Both receivers are listed here if you scroll down to the manufacturers… What does Roon work with?

1 Like

“Pioneer debuting AVR that reportedly will be Roon Ready” is finally Roon ready after the recent firmware release.

But those of us looking for multichannel support on an AVR that is capable of MCH and Atmos have to look elsewhere.

The Roon Ready on the LX805 does not support multichannel.

This is a shame because in the same firmware, Atmos support is introduced for Amazon Unlimited.

It seems Tidal and Roon are both falling behind in terms of answering the call for multichannel or Atmos support. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

How on earth can you make an AVR, a multichannel product roon ready and not be compatible with multichannel audio is bewildering

1 Like

If indeed that LX805 implementation of “Roon Ready” does not support multichannel, then it seems to me that the fault lies with Pioneer, not Roon.

The RAAT protocol is designed to handle multichannel.

Pioneer appear to have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

1 Like

Most streaming boards have been developed for stereo and these are then used across ranges, most manufacturers use off the shelf boards from other companies and don’t develop their own as it’s very costly, Bluesound, Heos are all two channel only, Denon/Marantz sell tons of AVRs. They said in a video this week it would require a whole new board, they use the same Heos board in all their products so a big untaking.

OEM Boards from stream unlimited do mulitchannel but I imagine add significant cost. Eversolo dropped multichannel from their latest A8 streamer as the take up if this side is very small.

If this new phase for Atmos and immersive music stuff catches on to the masses maybe you will see more of a proliferation of multichannel streaming boards across many more products but until that time it will be on the top end of things where costs are less of an obstruction.

1 Like

Agreed.

But as others have pointed out, board limitation?

Still, it’s strange that a “top-end” AVR like LX805 which supports full Atnos won’t stream multichannel from Roon. Disappointed.

The absence of multichannel streaming is nothing new. See the Oppo UDP implementation six years ago. That was the first Roon Ready consumer AV component, and its RAAT support was for stereo PCM up to 192 kHz sample rate. No multichannel, no DSD.

AJ

1 Like

Actually the native DSD support on LX805 via Roon is pretty cool. :heart_eyes:

My DSD files sound the most amazing right now.

Did you read the context of my post? It was about the Oppo implementation of RAAT.

AJ

1 Like

Yes, thanks for providing the context. But this probably means my LX805 will never get MCH, which is very sad, so I was just trying to ignore it by not responding to that part of your message :joy:

It’s such a shame to have to get something like Eversolo A6 or an additional device with HDMI interface just to get MCH, when the AVR itself already has all the decoder chips available for MCH inside.

2 Likes