Pioneer SC-LX87 Multichannel Stutters

I can use my Oppo 203 as bridge and that plays 24-192 flawlessly through HDMI - but only in Stereo - and I have taken that cable out of the Oppo 203 and connected it to the ROCK to test if the cable or HDMI input port on the Pioneer was any different, but same results: stuttering when above 96kHz…

Will the Oppo 203 RAAT Server support multi channel in the near future?

Hello @Jan_Ekstrom,

The maximum buffer size is 500ms. The default is 100ms for devices on Linux.

I am not aware of any plans for Oppo to add multi-channel support to their Roon Ready implementation.

-John

Hi @john,
I don’t know what have happened, but my Pioneer SC-LX87 does not connect through HDMI at all from the ROCK. I can however still see the information when connecting the ROCK directly to the 4K LG TV.
And this goes both for connecting to the NUC on HDMI or HDMI/USB-C connector - all in 4K only mode.

So, I would really appreciate any ways to set the HDMI output to 1080p on the NUC/ROCK ?!?

and a future request if this solves my issue, could be adding the setting on the ROCK System Status page:

The modes should obviously match the available standard modes provided in the Linux distribution - these are just examples.

Hi @john,

I managed to get it back to playing again - I had to set the Buffer Size back to Default and then it played again: almost OK @ 96kHz and stuttering above.
After that I changed the Buffer Size to the different values including the max at 500ms,same result:
almost OK @ 96kHz and stuttering above.
Used 24 bits for all testing.

Br Jan

Hello @Jan_Ekstrom,

Just to confirm, was your Pioneer reporting what video resolution it was receiving during playback?

-John

Hi @john

No, I can only see a blue LED being turned on when HDMI connection is established.

But looking at the signal being passed through to the 4K LG OLED65C7 the letters are larger than when the NUC is connected directly to the LG, hence it must be a lower resolution - I just don’t know which.

However the LG reports to be showing 2160p:

Br Jan

As an additional data point in this discussion, I also use a HDMI connection from my Nucleus+ for multichannel directly connected to my McIntosh MX160 which can handle up to 32 bit 192K files. I have no problem playing multi-channel tracks up to 192K without stuttering.

Hi @john,

any news on this issue?