Pixellation of Screen in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 latest/Roon 1.7 b505/AMD Ryzen 3, 8GB RAM/Roon on SSD/Library on spinning HD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google mesh hardwired to Roon core and to output devices

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio CXN ethernet hardwired to Google mesh router

Description Of Issue

Ok, another weird one. Take a look at the attached pictures. I get screen pixellation in Roon in the same place on-screen, all the time. The pixellation varies in severity and/or breadth, but it is always there in that diagonal stripe and across the “title bar”.

Just to eliminate the obvious: no, this doesn’t happen with other programs, even fairly graphics-intense ones, so it probably isn’t the monitor itself (an Acer monitor).

Any ideas?

What your GPU and driver version?

I just use the built-in Radeon graphics on the AMD Ryzen 3 2200G processor It is running AMD Radeon driver 19.12.2 currently. It’s a quad-core chip with built-in Radeon RX Vega graphics.

Hello @robert_vanarsdall,

Thank you for providing that information. I have been discussing with the QA team and we would kindly like to request some more information surrounding this behavior:

1. If you run Roon in “Windowed” mode, do you experience the same behavior? If you go to Windowed mode and maximize the Roon again, does the behavior still occur?

2. Can you reproduce this behavior a few times, note the exact local time + date when you observe it occur and then send us a copy of your logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link but if you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Thank you!

Interesting.

I’ve never run Roon in full-screen mode, always in windowed mode. The pixellated behavior does NOT appear in full-screen mode, and when I toggle back into windowed mode the pixellation has disappeared. I’ve switched album/artist/radio selections a few times and the same thing occurs.

When I close out of Roon and then restart it in windowed mode, the behavior reappeared at 3:48 EST (right now). Log file and screen shot in the linked Google Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xr-dsVYTt1mkobpJ3o7HDU9YTlckU_wR

Hello @robert_vanarsdall,

Thank you for providing that information. I have created a ticket regarding this behavior and I have forwarded the diagnostics package over to QA.

I can’t comment on a specific timeline of when this report will reach QA’s review queue, but we appreciate the report and I will be sure to let you know if we need any further details.

Thank you!

Just to confirm, the pixellation happens every time I start Roon up. Noris’ suggestion of “window on/window off” clears the pixellation for the duration of my Roon session, i.e. all day. But when I start up the computer on which the Roon core resides the next day, pixellation appears again.

Bob

1 Like

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 511) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Works! Build 511 cured the diagonal pixellation. How strange that is was only on the recent AMD chips.

Thanks to the team for fixing this.

1 Like

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.