Plan to make Denon DRA-900H Roon Ready?

Hi Roon,

a quick question. My brand new Denon DRA-900H has arrived today, and while not expecting Roon Ready status I noticed it is being discovered but not being certified (yet). Are there any plans to support the DRA-900H?

thanks,
Niels

Denon and Marantz appear to be working with Roon on the certification. The fact that many of those products appear under the Roon Ready section in Settings Audio indicates firmware updates added the Roon code but it is currently uncertified. They will need to work with Roon on the certification to complete the process. No word on when/if this will actually be completed.

1 Like

thanks, that sounds promising. I knew it was not Roon Ready when I bought the receiver, so I am patient (if it ever arrives).

Same here, I’m hopeful my Denon AVR will become Rood Ready. Will be interesting to see what functionality that provides if it happens.

Same as it does for all Roon Ready products but within the specs of current HEOS ecosystem. So don’t expect multichannel as HEOS doesn’t support Multichannel. Full remote control feedback from app or device remote for playback and volume, switching inputs on amp, power control where appropriate.

I use HDMI with my Denon AVR instead of Heos for the higher resolution and multichannel. I was hoping for MC and DSD playback over Ethernet like the Roon Ready exaSound S88. Not expecting it but still hopeful.

Well Roon Ready is part of the HEOS streaming board so it won’t do anything more than that can do which is just stereo and upto DSD128 on some models.

While waiting you may want to explore RHEOS as an extension if you have any interest in tinkering. This will allow higher resolution than airplay and two way control of the receiver

1 Like

What controls are two way as on my Marantz only
Volume works. Play/pause/skip all break the stream when I use them and Roon shows as still playing but no sound and has to be stopped fully before it will play again.

Grouping works both ways and selecting input on the AVR from HEOS app.

Only play after pausing on the heos app should cause an error message.

Are you using the heos app or the remote - that may not work the same?

Both, if I pause using heos app it doesn’t pause Roon the stream stops but Roon thinks it’s still playing and won’t restart until I pause in Roon app and wait for signal path to stop. Then I can restart in Roon. I can’t restart via the Heos app as it gives an error.

Thanks - I will take a look and see if anything has changed here.

Lets continue this in the RHEOS thread, rather than pollute this one,

Hi Everyone,

I got the same issue with my Denon AVR-S960H.