Play now -button skips the first song [Answered]

I have newest Roon (1.4, build 294). When I go to album and press “Play Now” -button it skips the first track and starts from second one. This propably happens only on album where first song is a song where is multiple versions. Note that those versions are totally different performers so I don’t know why it does not play correct one.

In this case album is “Good Girl Gone Bad” by Rihanna and the song what Roon will skip is “Umberella”. I also have Umberella song on my library where artist is “The Baseballs”. In Rihanna album page it shows number “2” like there is multiple versions and another one is that from The Baseballs, so there is only one real version by Rihanna in this album.

How I can fix this so when I press “Play Now” it would also add Umberella?

Hi @Aleksi_Rasanen ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is very appreciated and my apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, to help us better understand this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you to please provide a screenshot displaying the problem you are encountering?

A screenshot of the following:

“This probably happens only on album where first song is a song where is multiple versions. In this case album is “Good Girl Gone Bad” by Rihanna and the song what Roon will skip is “Umberella”. I also have Umberella song on my library where artist is “The Baseballs”. In Rihanna album page it shows number “2” like there is multiple versions and another one is that from The Baseballs, so there is only one real version by Rihanna in this album.”

-Eric

Hi! Sorry for very long response time. Anyway I am not sure what screenshot you want, but I took couple of screenshots.

First I am here listening another album. Then I click “Play Now” -button under artist name:

And then this happens, eg. song “Push up on me” starts to play, not the “Umbrella”:

Also the “Umbrella” has not appeared on Queue list either:

Hi Aleksi,

In this example, you have the track Umbrella marked as banned. You can tell but looking next to the track time. You will see a circle with a line through it. Tap the banned icon to change it back to a heart.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

Thank you! That solved the user error :slight_smile: Didn’t understood that we have this kind of ban possibility, cool, now I know :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.