Play simultaneously to multiple zones (without grouping)

Hi Guys,

I have multiple zones and would like to play the same music to several zones without grouping them.
to be specific, I have “Home” and “Garden” zones that are both with multiple speakers, I would like to keep the zones separate but sometimes I would like to stream the same music to both zones but without grouping, and without having delays. How can this be done?
would love to hear.
thanks

You need to group zones to synchronize timings, and play the same source to multiple zones.

When you want to play to multiple zones, you have to inform Roon about this. Giving Roon this information is called grouping in the UI. Theoretically there could be a different way that is not grouping, but you would still have to give Roon the information in some way. It would be nice, though, if Roon could remember the groups and they could be enabled/disabled with a check box, so that one doesn’t have to create and dissolve them every time, which I guess can get tedious if there are many zones in a group.

What is the reason you do not want to group?

Playing the same music to multiple zones simultaneously is the whole purpose of grouping.
Are the “delays” you mention with the playback sync or is the delay the time it takes you to set up the grouping?

If it is the syncing, you can adjust that in Roon, right click on the zone (after you have added it to a group), click “device setup”, click on “show advanced”, scroll down to “Zone Grouping Delay” and adjust it until the zones are synced.

If it is the time to set-up the group, not much you can do about that and I would think any other solution would have the same issues or more issues (time to set-up, syncing, etc.).

I dont have delays issue. what I mean by delay is by pressing play on one zone and then on the other zone.
I think streaming to multiple zones without grouping them should be an option

ok, I thought there are other options. thnx

that’s exactly what I mean, selecting multiple zones and pressing play, without having to group them thx

This I guess? You can vote there

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.