Play stop during or at end of 2nd song

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The last week or so, when I play an album it will stop during or after 2nd song. When I open remote on iPad or iPhone it will be “looking for the core”. It will find it again, open back to where it stopped then I’ll have to hit play to start again. Nothing in my system has changed.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Ok. I don’t see why that makes a difference. It was working fine, nothing was changed and it started doing it.

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

iMac Yosemite 10.10.5 hardwired to modem. Build 831

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    iPhone 11 iOS 15.1 Build 831
    iPad Pro iOS 15.0.2 Build 831

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

Spectrum DOCSIS 3.1 modem connected to Google Home, one Wi-Fi point on each floor

Audio devices in use
2 Bluesound Node 2i connected through Wi-Fi. (One on main floor, one on top floor)

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Stream Tidal

Hi @Dean_Seales
You might try this for troubleshooting:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/6246489?hl=en&ref_topic=9832041

Thanks. I’ll look it over but I check my signal regularly with an app and it’s always fine so I don’t think it’s the issue. The whole house runs on that Wi-Fi and I haven’t had any other issues.

Hey @Dean_Seales,

Thanks so much for letting us know of the issue you ran into — we’re sorry about that, especially since it’s been working fine so far.

It’s great to see that while we returned to work after the weekend, our community has been helping. Thanks @Axel_Lesch and @Carl :pray:

It is always worth trying to:

• uninstall the Roon Remote app
  • restart your iOS device
  • reinstall the Roon Remote app

Issues might be caused by the fact that Roon supports the Mac OS 10.14+. While Roon might run on Yosemite, it is no longer officially supported:

Do you have a way to update to a more recent OS?