Play Tidal won't start, fast forward one second and it will

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Late 2013, MacOS 10.15.4, Roon 1.7 Build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

300 Mbit connection, Linksys Velop wi-fi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i, optical out.

Description Of Issue

60%-75% of the time when I start a new song in Tidal, I get the message that “Tidal is loading slowly” and that there might be a network problem. There is no network problem, as I can easily play the same track with no issues through the Bluesound app. When I get this error in Roon, skipping to 0:01 of the track I want to play causes the track to play fine just about every time.

I apologize if this question has been asked previously, I find this forum approach to customer service very confusing.

Hi @Hestepare,

How is the Core and the Node2i connected to the network? Are they both on WiFi? If so - is there any change in behavior if you try temporarily connecting both via Ethernet cable?

Hi @noris,

The Core and Node are both connected via wifi. Connecting the Core appears to help somewhat but it doesn’t appear to solve it. Unfortunately, I can’t connect the core via ethernet permanently, and I don’t have enough ethernet cables to connect both at the same time.

Hi @Hestepare,

Let’s try another test here, if you try to start playback to your iMac’s System Output zone (the Mac’s internal speakers), do you also notice this issue occurring there?

I’m trying it now, it seems to work better!

1 Like

@Hestepare - If you notice any issues on the System Output zone, please note the exact local time + date + track of the issue’s occurrence. This will be useful to determine if just the Bluesound zone is impacted by this behavior or if the issue occurs for any zone.

Good, I will.

1 Like

Update/conclusion: Connecting the streamer and the Core to the modem by ethernet solved the issue.

2 Likes

Fantastic news @Hestepare, thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.