Playback interrupted on live radio with "track failed to load" message on every station despite strong internet, server reboot not resolving issue (build 1401) (ref#UIEKKR)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

When I try to play live radio I get a message that says "playback interrupted because track failed to load". This happens on every station I try. What's up? I haven't used live radio in a while but it used to work fine. I'm running build 1401 and my internet is fine. I rebooted my server but no help.

Describe your network setup

Intel i5 Nuc, Nighthawk router, network is robust.

1 Like

Do flac radio stations fail too? For example Radio Paradise or SuperStereo.

Something similar here. All radio stations (Radio Paradise FLAC too), play during about 15 min. Then the stream stops and I can start the stream a minute later again. And so on, and so on…

Same with Qobuz. When the stream stops I see “Nothing playing” and the start button is greyed.1 min later, it turns black and I can start the stream again.

I’m using an Ethernet cable to my server, so not a WiFi issue. Called my internet provider and he confirms my connection is fast (100 Mb) and stable.

What’s happening?

1 Like

Super Stereo plays, Radio Paradise does not, nor does anything else I tried. Weird.

Correction: Super Stereo does not play. I accidentally started an album. So nothing on Live Radio plays.

Same here.

Hey @Ken_Swanson, @Serge_Nelissen and @Lars_Hansson,

Thanks for sharing your report! Are you also having issues with starting Roon Radio from a track in your library?

Our team is investigating the issue and I should have more information to share soon. :+1:

Yes, it won’t play anything.

Not the Roon Radio from a track, Live Radio.

Correct. Live Radio.

All troubles went away once I restarted my computer!

1 Like

Done that multiple times but no help.

My Roon Live Radio is broken. I get the same message on every station I try: " Playback interrupted because track failed to load". I’ve rebooted my server, rebooted my desktop and uninstalled and reinstalled Roon–no help. I need some help Roon techs…

Hi @Ken_Swanson,

Could you please share a screenshot of the webUI from your ROCK? I’d like to see if any codec updates may be needed -

The codecs aren’t there.

Hi @Ken_Swanson,

Thanks for the update! Did you manage to follow the steps listed in the KB article I shared above?

If not - here’s another link:

I looked at the links but I’m afraid installing those codecs are beyond my meager computer skills. It looks like all the codecs are missing. Any chance you could do the codec installation?

ROCK purposefully does not include those codecs due to licensing. Part of using ROCK is that the user is responsible for getting and installing the codecs, i.e. following that part of the ROCK installation guide.

Do you have someone to help you or did you setup the machine yourself?

I’m trying to reach the guy who I bought the clone from. Live radio was working fine when I first got it but I uninstalled and reinstalled Roon and I think that’s when I lost it.