Playback issue after pausing track - play function not responding (ref#SD08GB)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

Since the last update, I am listening to a track, and then hit pause, then when I what to resume listening, I hit the play button with no response. I cannot get it to resume playing. I rebooted the server and the play function resumed working until I hit pause again, and again it will not resume play.

Hey @Rob_Stone,

We’d be happy to take a closer look! Please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time, and name of track playing (or recently played) when the issue occurs.

We’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks! :+1:

This happens whenever we use Roon, listening to another “network device” an AirPort Express 2nd generation. If we go to another network device or simply pause it, it will drop off the device. When this happens it will usually drop off several other devices…we have 4 AirPort Express units. Then, finally we reboot the AirPort Express and then it is “seen” again and we can resume playback, however quite frequently when you hit the play button it immediately goes to pause and will no longer play. I then must reboot Roon in the server, then play back is possible. However , after rebooting I have to reboot the AirPort Express so it is again seen by Roon. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Never have any problem with other network devices before.

Rob

Hi @Rob_Stone,

Thanks for the additional information, could you share a more specific date, time, and name of track playing when you experience the issue? That’ll be the most useful information as we’ll be able to pinpoint in your roon server diagnostic report.

Benjamin
The thread above is the problem I am having. there is no specific date or time or track the causes this problem. The new update 1401 drops “other network devices” in my system specifically the AirPort Express 2nd generation, I have four of them. Generally, if you pause the music or switch to another playlist it will drop one or several of them off the network. If you reboot the device it will then reappear under Other network Devices. This happens consistently and is well documented in the thread above. Hope this helps.
Rob

Hi @Rob_Stone,

Thanks for sharing the above info! If that’s indeed the issue you’re having, I’ll go head and close out this thread - any updates will be shared via the tracking thread you’ve shared a screenshot of. And as it states, we should have a fix coming soon!

Thanks for your continued patience in the meantime. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.