Playback Issue with Tidal Content on Roon ARC via Cellular Network (ref#YQJYL6)

Mikrotik CHR router performing NAT, directly connected to the ISP’s fiber ONT (not double NAT)

There’s only one network path from the Roon server to the ISP’s equipment - I have no knowledge of what takes place on Bell’s network beyond my walls.

I see no indication that ARC is receiving an intermittent port test - the ARC settings page always says “Ready”, I can hit the refresh button any number of times and it still says “Ready”.

Tested again this morning on newer release (1.0.52 build 100266). Still “poor connection”.

New settings say ARC is Connected, both “cloud” and “roon server” have a green dot next to them.

Hi Manny,

Did you have a look at this one : Roon ARC setup issues. sig Mikrotik router and getting error messages

When possible, check if some of the suggested configuration hints could benefeit you.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the input. I did see that in my initial searching before making this ticket, but that user seems to have a different problem than I do.

They had misconfigured port forwarding and ARC was failing the test in the settings panel.

My mikrotik configuration appears to be much more vanilla. Port forwarding seems to be ok for me, as ARC can connect, and play “local” content. Only tidal content refuses to play (most of the time, but once in a while it’ll play a song).