Playback issues and Genre tab vanishes

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Intel Celeron J412S, 8 Gb RAM. Roon 2.0 Build 1193

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Everything has been working perfectly, then all of a sudden today, a few tracks play then it stops and won’t let me start it back up. Also when this happens, the Genre tab disappears from the main page.

Nothing in the system and/or network has changed. It just started doing this today.

Hi Charles
Sorry for your troubles. I do not have an answer. The “This track is currently unavailable from Tidal” and “too many failures. Stopping playback” happened to me, but nothing as hard as you experienced.
But I have seen a lot going on on threads about Quobuz about skipping and so… maybe search those threads to find your answer.

Thank you. I’ll look into it.

And from the looks of other threads, it seems as though Roon techs hardly ever reply, and if they do, it takes them a month or more to do so.

Nice.

Now I’ll add from what I’ve seen in 2 months of burning time around this forum. Yes they do respond after long time (but I have to imagine the queue) but they always respond and they always do follow ups. Until then we have each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, going on two weeks now, STILL no Genre tab, STILL randomly stopping and coming up with that same error, and STILL no tech support.

And we’re paying nearly $100 a year why?!

I wish I could help. I did see a lot of long gaps between tracks threads. Also maybe fill the whole infos on your sistem. So if someone that know more than me can have a better idea
Traian

There’s no need to. The network and audio gear is irrelevant. Absolutely none of that would cause features in Roon to just vanish.

And since nothing has changed in the setup for well over a year, none of it would also cause the random stopping of music.

1 Like

And naturally, 27 days have passed, and STILL not one single word from anyone at Roon.

Still having these stupid issues and they don’t care.

I think it’s about time to find another service.

And just like that, my Roon subscription is cancelled. Just in time too as it was about to renew tomorrow.

What a waste of $155 that would be for another year’s worth of shotty service.

"Support

Having a problem? Got a question about using Roon? We’re here to help!"

That last part… “We’re here to help!”… Yeah, total BS. LOL

Just look at any of the hundreds of posts in this support section of the forum, and you’ll quickly notice Roon does NOTHING to help. No questions answered, no issues resolved.

Paging @support

1 Like

Hey @Charles_Tidwell,

My apologies for the long delay in getting to your issue! We try to respond and work through each thread, and yours unfortunately must have slipped through the cracks.

I completely understand not wanting to continue a subscription when technical issues are preventing you from enjoying the product! That said, if you would like to continue to troubleshoot things, I’d love to get you up and running on a free trial of sorts while we work through things.

With issues like yours, popping up out of nowhere, can many times be linked back to software updates from core devices like your Windows core. Do you by chance know if any updates took place around the time the issue popped up?

Let me know your thoughts, and I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

A little late to the party…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.