Playback issues with one specific album (no issues with other playback software)

The Album in question Σ by Reol sourced here http://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/66969 in ALAC. I’ve tested each file in foobar and they play correctly with no issues. In Roon however the last 10-15 seconds of the song are being cut off with no errors displayed other than the now playing disappearing for a few seconds before the next song starts.

I’ve tested multiple other albums in Roon and none present the issue. I’ve restarted Roon and my PC multiple times with no changes. With it only affecting one album I’m not sure what it could possibly be. Any suggestions on fixes or what to try next to better diagnose are appreciated.

Not sure if any of this is helpful but here are my basic system specs.
I7 5820k, 32gb ram, 980ti

Today I was able to transcode the ALAC album into FLAC and it played with no issues. I previously had not done so as the ALAC files themselves were fine as they played correctly in foobar and iTunes. Now it’s great that it works but the reason why makes no sense and I still don’t know why it had issues in the first place.

To note 99% of my local library is ALAC (24,302 songs according to Roon) so that there was an issue with one album just because it was ALAC seems questionable.

As before comments and insight are appreciated

Hi @Rumiho ------ Thank you for the report and my sincere apologies for the slow response. Thank you for for the insight and providing the specifications of your setup.

I’d like to take a look at the content you are having this issue with in house. Do you have a copy of the original file (before you transcoded) on hand that you might be able to share with me?

-Eric

Thank you for the response, I sent you a pm regarding the files.

1 Like