Playback randomly stopping (pause actually)

Hello @Kenneth_Scissors,

No worries regarding the logs, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs for analysis to our servers.

I can confirm that we have received the diagnostics and I have submitted to QA to take a look over, I appreciate your patience while this case reaches their queue.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Kenneth_Scissors,

We are still in the process of investigating your case but I would like to see if the behavior is the same for your setup if you try placing the Aesthetix DAC in Class 1 mode. From the DAC documentation there appear to be two USB type modes on it:

Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris. Indeed it was set in mode 2 (not sure why), but I changed it to 1 and 45minutes into playing it stopped. When I hit play it started just scrolling through the entire playlist as it sometimes does. However, previously after re-booting the Innuous Zenith it would start playing again, but now it is still scrolling through trying to connect. In fact it is doing that right now 4:40pm MST. I’m going to let it run for a while, hopefully you’ll be able to see what it’s doing. In 10 minutes if it’s still doing it I’ll try re-booting the Zenith again and see what happens. Hope that helps.
Ken

After it went through all the tracks on that playlist it stopped. When I hit play, it started scrolling again, which it’s doing now. Re-booting the Zenith did not restore connection to the core. I then returned the DAC speed button to “2” and it re-connected.
Not sure what this means, but it appears that the DAC speed button is having an effect–worse in the “1” position but still problematic in the “2” position. If this is important to flush out, I could do it a few more times to see if it’s repeatable. Just let me know.
Thanks

Hi @Kenneth_Scissors,

Thank you for performing that test. I can confirm the logs from your machine have been received and I have submitted them to QA to take a look. You can remain on Mode 2 (or whichever ends up being more stable) for the time being until this investigation progresses, and once I hear anything else regarding your case I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

OK, believe it or not, since toggling the DAC from mode 2 to 1 and back to 2, everything is working perfectly. I’ve been playing music extensively for a few days without a hitch. Coincidence or did something change when toggling that button back and forth? Regardless, I hope I don’t have to bug you again about this. Thanks for you prompt replies and patience.
Ken

Hi @Kenneth_Scissors,

Certainly strange that toggling the DAC from mode 2 to 1 and back again resolved the issue but glad it helped! I’m going to leave this thread open just in case the issue occurs again, and if it does let me know, hopefully it doesn’t though :slight_smile:

– Noris