Playback stopping after period of time - dropout - using single zone (Lumin U1 Mini)

Roon Core Machine

Roon Rock Core Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Running on dedicated BOXNUC7i5BNKP - Intel NUC 7th Gen i5 CPU 8GB RAM 256GB NVMe SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All hardwired ethernet, running through Eero router

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin U1 Mini

Number of Tracks in Library

18,766 tracks in library
Tidal Hifi Streaming

Description of Issue

I’m getting playback stopping when streaming locally from a nas device (Synology DS418Play). The track will start playing, but then “give up” about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way through - stating a communication/hardware failure.

It seems to only happen on local, hi res files (e…g playing 192/24 AIFF of Harvest by Neil Young), so I’m wondering if the rendering/resampling being done by the core can’t keep up.

It’s frustrating, as I invested in a dedicated NUC for the ROCK and had ethernet run to avoid any wireless issues.

Any tuning tips to help with this?

1. Please post a signal path screenshot when the problem occurs.

2. Please get some stereo 192kHz files from here:
    2L High Resolution Music .:. free TEST BENCH

Put them into a USB thumb drive and plug it into the NUC. See if the problem occurs with USB thumb drive.

1. In Synology, disable Opportunistic Locking for SMB / CIFS.

Thanks Peter -thanks for the information to try. I’ll take a screenshot the next time the problem occurs.

1 Like

Hey @David_Parker2 I’m so sorry that it took us this long to respond to your concern!

I wanted to check in and see if the issue occurred once again? I don’t see that you’ve updated the post and just wanted to make sure you don’t need any more assistance. Let me know, I’m happy to help!

Thanks Ashley - the issue has not reoccurred recently. I have not tried it as often as I would like however, but I will let you know if it does.

Sounds like a plan, @David_Parker2, thanks for the update! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.