Playback stops Macbook Air

I also have a similar problem while streaming Roon, using a Macbook Air and a Node 2i. It’s actually getting worst I can play maybe 10 songs before the play stops exceptionally annoying.

Hey @Tex_Henry,

If you could, please provide the following system info:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

If you could also run through the steps and information below, and let me know the outcome:

Next time you see the CPU running high, can you try toggling your wifi on and off a few times, waiting for 30 seconds or so between each toggle? Let me know if your CPU remains in the same state after doing this.

In the meantime, let’s verify if the behavior is the same when using a fresh database (in case the database is a factor here.) To perform this test, the following instructions can be used:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs

And to address your audio dropouts:

• These sudden stops in playback, you experience this behavior with all of your various endpoints correct? By chance, have you tried reproducing this issue with a device mounted directly to the MacMini hosting your core?
  • Does this dropout happen when playing local files, or is it only when streaming from Qobuz/Tidal?

Roon Core Machine

MacBook air M1 2020-MacBookAir10,1

Model Number: MGN63LL/A

memory 8GB

MAC OS 13.2.1 (22D68)

Model Name: MacBook Air

Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)

System Firmware Version: 8419.80.7

OS Loader Version: 8419.80.7

Serial Number (system): FVFDWVPGQ6L4

Hardware UUID: E9356CB2-76A0-5C50-9E8B-CC0E93086F44

Provisioning UDID: 00008103-000D49640AD1001E

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1.5 Gbps download

50 Mbps upload

Ignite WiFiTM Gateway (Gen 2)

MAC: ‍C09435EF1D05‍

Serial Number: ‍16H4CJFHDA02702‍

WIFI/ BLUESOUND NODE 2i/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

BLUESOUND NODE 2i/Ethernet - CONNECTED VIA RCA TO ARCAM SA 10 - CONNECTED TO SPEAKERS

my streaming source is TIDAL via my bluesound node 2i/Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library NONE!

Description of Issue:

When choosing a track to play Roon freezes and a blue way in the bar waves back and forth lightly. even after closing and restarting Roon it still exists. This also continues after rebooting my computer. Once I leave it alone for an hour or so it works. Adding screenshot.

Thank you

Hey @Tex_Henry,

Thanks for the additional info. In case you missed it, I listed a few next steps in my previous response:

Let me know if you’re able to run through the above. Thanks! :+1:

A post was split to a new topic: Mac audio playback issues

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.