Playback Systemic Problem Here [Solved! Build 310]

Hi John, I switched DNS servers to Google last night. Was that the error that your team spotted, or something else?

I looked at my settings. My MRX720 is showing connected on its own display, but not the router’s display. Curious. But I didn’t see anything else.

J

Hello @John_V,

Did changing your DNS settings change the behavior at all?

The next time this behavior happens, please respond back to this thread with the time that it occurred. The DNS/Network configuration errors that were in your logs may have been unrelated to this issue. Giving us the time of the error will help us zero in on the state of your setup in the time before and after the behavior.

-John

i changed it this morning. Since I got home last night, I have had no false starts.

I still would like to know what configuration errors you found. Please share.

Hello @John_V,

I’m glad to hear you’re seeing some improvement!

When your core device was attempting to contact the Roon servers, it was often times giving a “name resolution” error.

-John

At 10:31am, I attempted to play a 192/24 album and was met with silence. I rebooted the Ropieee, but nothing changed. The album appears to play, and the path looks normal. Disengaging the DSP did not change things.

I noticed that 44/16 tracks played well.

One observation is that Yggy was not predictably receiving whatever signal it needs to switch sampling rates. Before, it was reliably “clicking” on every change, but lately it takes multiple tries to coax a click. So, I guess the silence was the equivalent of “dunno”. These were all library albums.

FYI

PS: I had a power outage earlier, and the Internet came back to life, but I forgot to recycle the router. That is prolly where the DNS errors came from earlier.

Hello @John_V,

For diagnostic purposes, could you try using the USB output on the DigiOne to the Yggy and see if the behavior changes?

-John

John, thanks to the Roon folks for the new build. All of my stuttering and “false start” episodes have vanished. Track starts are sedate, pretty quick, and quiet. Some of the DAC popping has lessened.

Two thumbs up!

[PS: if the build didn’t address this glitch, just keep it to yourselves. Ignorance is bliss.] :slight_smile:

2 Likes