Played Date incorrect

Content you’re reporting an issue with

All played tracks

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

No

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

All the tracks I’m playing are showing as played tomorrow. i.e. It’s 5:50pm January 28th in Colorado but the track I just finished is showing played January 29th on my home page. I can’t find anywhere to update my location.

Looks like my ROCK is on the wrong timezone. Is there a way to change that?

It happened that I already answered that very same question in an older thread:

Sadly, that explanation is of no help to you or the other poster.

Hi @Forrestland!

Thanks for your report!
First of all, could you please check the BIOS time settings on your ROCK? - Incorrectly configured date and time zone may probably affect the data in the Recent Listening section

Which sounds like the opposite of what Danny Dulai posted in a much, much older thread:

Anyway, I would totally expect the BIOS date/time being displayed in UTC. AFAIK are OSs from Microsoft the only ones (from the list of supported OSs for Roon Server) who set the RTC (BIOS date/time) to local time. If all works as expected, the RTC will even reset to UTC if a user changes it to something else.

The only idea I can think of, where a user might be able to introduce date/time issues possibly, is if he uses a VPN for all the internet traffic of its network that relocates it to a different location in a different timzone than it actually is in. Possibly, I’m not sure about that and can’t remember of any case so far in this forum where this was reported.

@andrew.v How do I check the time zone in BIOS? I was making the assumption about TZ based on other threads I had seen.

Thanks!

Hello @Forrestland!
We are able to reproduce a similar issue and are gathering additional information.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.