Playing DSD problem [Solved - Reinstalled ASIO Driver]

Hi,

my system: HFX RipNAS with Windows10pro, intel i5, 8GB Ram, latest Roon Core bulid**

Connection of my RipNAS via USB cable with my DAC

DAC is a Lindemann Musicbook 15 DSD which can play DSD native mode up to DSD 256

drivers provided and installed: Lindemann ASIO, Lindemann WASAPI, and Lindemann direct mode

I installed JRiver Mediacenter and Roon on my device. While my DAC ist playing in native DSD via JRiver perfectly, in ROON even cannot choose native DSD with any of the drivers and while using Lindemann ASIO with the DSD via DoP setting in ROON, with lively music progress in the bottom line and audio path ok, there is no sound at all. What to do. I gave ths system a hardware sync. time of 2000ms.

best regards Ralf

Hi @Ralf_Christopher,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Device Setup tabs for each of the possible zone outputs?
You can upload screenshots by using these instructions and this is what the Device Setup tab looks like for reference:

Hi Noris,

I have attached the snapshots of the 2 possible outputs that I have activated and configured:

first one is the Lindemann 15DSD using the Asio-driver that Lindemann provided:

Advanced settings for the Lindemann 15 DSD output are:

second output is a RIVA Festival music box:

regards - Ralf

Hi @Ralf_Christopher,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have been travelling these past few days. I would next like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core. Can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more, note the exact local time in your country (e.g. 9:07PM) and them manually send me the RAATServer + Roon logs from your Core?

You can use these instructions to access your Roon directory, but do note that I am also asking for the RAATServer logs (which reside in their own folder at the same level as the “Roon” folder), in addition to the Roon App logs (which the instructions outline).

Hi Noris,

n the meantime I solved the problem iin the “typical windows way”: I deleted the DAC ASIO driver and, after restart of the somputer, I installed it again. DSD playing works!

thanks for Your efforts and best regards - Ralf

Hi @Ralf_Christopher,

Thanks for the update here, and glad to hear that DSD is now working after the driver reinstall. Hope you have a continued great Roon experience!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.