Playing to Bluesound devices

Roon Core Machine

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz|
|Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen|8,00 GB (7,84 GB beschikbaar)|
|Apparaat-id|6505C492-F507-48DF-956A-53615E77A71F|
|Product-id|00330-53122-89291-AAOEM|
|Type systeem|64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor|
|Pen en aanraken|Pen- of aanraakinvoer is niet beschikbaar voor dit beeldscherm|

Editie Windows 11 Pro
Versie 21H2
Installatiedatum ‎2-‎11-‎2021
Build van besturingssysteem 22000.318
Serienummer CZC0378V57
Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have a Ziggo Netherlands (Provider) based wifi network in my house.

Connected Audio Devices

• The music DSD and Flac is located on a Synology NAS.
  • Roon converts it to 24 bit 64bit float.
  • Volume normalising -4.8 dB
  • Headroom -3dB
  • Resample to 48kHz and 24 bit

Number of Tracks in Library

about 45.000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi,
I recently installed Roon on my Windows 11 PC. All works fine when I chose an iPad or my Lumin streamer as outputdevice. Great!

Whem I stream to my Bluesound Node i or my Bluesound Node 2 the sound is not stable. Now and then I hear a kind of flutter in the music. A sound like a needle skipping a few grooves of an LP.

I’ve tried all the different settings of Roon I could think of but nothing helps.

I had this problem with my node 2i at first. I no longer have the node so I can’t go in and look at what I turned off but there is a feature in the node to do something with clocking (I think). I turned it off and and it fixed the problem.

You may have to a search but there are a couple of threads regarding this.
From memory reindexing solved it it think even though Roon wasn’t using BluOS. Sounds daft I know….

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/theres-an-unexpected-randomly-static-noise-keeps-happens-when-i-use-nad-t778-roon/174123/17

1 Like

I’ve had this issue with node2 forever,thought I was imagine it,little hiccups in the music,I complained to bluesound about it ages ago

I deleted the BlueOs library and indeed it is’t that annouying anymore, weard, but not completely gone. Any more steps?

Hard wired or wifi?

I‘ve deleted the Bluesound library and after some days I can say that definitely helps. Thanks a lot lot for this weird tweak.

1 Like

I also do not have a Bluesound library anymore, and use it with Roon and sometimes Tidal connect or a Chromecast audio (into the optical input)

No problems at all now, and connected via Ethernet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.