Playlist Export Option not shown

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro, Roon Version 1.6, Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus Router, PC connected by Ethernet, other devices by WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Marantz SR7010 by AirPlay (Ethernet), Sony XBR-75900E TV (Ethernet), Google Home Mini (WiFi)

Description Of Issue

I am new to Roon, and enjoying it quite a lot. I have Accounts from Tidal and Qobuz connected, as well as Dropbox, though I don’t have any content there as yet.

I created a Playlist, with Tracks from various sources, and it looks fine.

In exploring other options, I was wanting to Export the Playlist (with the idea of Importing Playlists created by friends), and when I click on the 3 dots next to the Playlist, the only options shown are:

Add to a Playlist…
Add to Tag…
Edit…

The option to Export doesn’t show up at all.

I did some reading, and found that Tidal sometimes creates problems, so I created a second playlist, specifically not including any Tidal tracks, but only the same 3 options appeared: no Export option.

So what am I missing, or not doing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Are you using a remote - tablet or phone - to do this? Unfortunately, the export function only works on PCs and the like. Can you try from your main machine?

Thanks for the reply, Brian.

I started trying it from my Android Phone, but when it didn’t work there, I went to my Windows 10 PC.

Those same 3 options are the only ones listed. I closed and restarted Roon, in case something funky was going on, but no change.

Happy to try other suggestions.

Hi @Don_Cohen,

Just to verify here, these playlists were created by you in Roon, correct?

Do these playlists consist of local content or does it include TIDAL or Qobuz content?

Yes, they were created within Roon.

They include both TIDAL and Qobuz content. For the particular tracks and albums involved, I attempt to add them to my library, by clicking on that option when available. It isn’t clear to me if this downloads the actual content, or if this is just creating a reference in the library.

All I’m trying to do is Export the Playlist itself, not the content, and also later Import someone else’s Playlist (again, not the content), so I can listen to what they like. Is this not possible in Roon?

Unfortunately, exporting just the Playlist itself is not currently supported in Roon. See this, plus the following comment from mike.

Thanks for the reply, Geoff, but that is disappointing.

I would imagine this would not be difficult technically (although I certainly could be wrong). And given the increasingly social nature of technology today, I’d think that being able to share playlists with other Roon users would be a significant selling point.

Is this functionality being looked at?

1 Like

Well, @mike in his reply recognised the limitation and expressed that he would like to add the feature in the future, but I suspect there are a lot of wishes and limited developer resource to be juggled for future features.

Please add your voice to that Feature Request thread.

Done!

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.