Playlist management questions

@support
Dear Roon Support
Is there a way to rank the tracks within an imported playlist and then retain this ranking (without saving a copy of the playlist first)?

I love the play count feature in Roon as well as the ability to rank the tracks according to play count. I am able to rank tracks within playlists according to play count but this ranking resets as soon as I exit the playlist. Is there a way for the ranking to remain? This would be super helpful as it would allow me to start a playlist with the tracks least played.

These are imported iTunes playlists by the way. I realise I can save a copy of the playlist and then manipulate but I would prefer to not duplicate.

Many thanks for any help / advice

1 Like

Right now, playlist editing is limited to playlists created in Roon. So, you’re not going to be able to permanently re-order playlists created in iTunes or TIDAL, or playlists imported from M3U files.

Also, for playlists created in Roon, there isn’t a way to bulk re-order – you can sort the playlist, but the tracks stay numbered and will revert the next time you open the playlist.

In this case, re-ordering the tracks in the playlist would be destructive, so this would need to be a new editing option. Feel free to open a Feature Request for this ok, @Yiannis_Kouropalatis.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you very much for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like