Playlist unavailable

i have creatred several dozen playlists and have been using them for months…all of a sudden they are all unavaiable…i restarted roon and my network and my nas and notingh has changed. the indivudal albums play fine someohow the path must have been lost…
also most of my blusound devices also disapeared from rooon at the same time

i have an eeros mesh netwrok connected to a synology nas and an ibm pc running as the core
my nework is working fine everywhere in the house as i am sending this on the interent now

my playlist come form my own library of songs that are stored on the nas device - this is not a tidal issue

Thanks for reaching out, @David_Lemont!

Did you make any changes recently to your watched folders in Roon?

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Library > Clean Up Library (Note — Do not proceed with the clean up library process, we just want to see the number of files that display here).

Thanks,
Dylan

I realized this morning that roon stopped seeing my NAS…i was fooled because the tidal albums i imported were showing up so i thought I had my whole collection
…i remapped the drive to artists…and it was rescanning when i left for work…i am hoping my playlists work but I am afraid the path may look different than before…although nothing changed on my network
is this known bug with roon

Hey @David_Lemont,

Can you elaborate a little more on the process you took here? Did you add a new watched folder, or did you modify your existing one?

For a little background, I’d like to recommend checking out this article. While you aren’t moving your media library, the same rules apply.

If you add a new watched folder while the existing one is still enabled, this will import everything as a new file instead of just updating the existing tracks/albums.

To verify if this is what occurred, can you share a screenshot of Settings > Library > Clean Up Library (Note — Do not proceed with the clean up library process, we just want to see the number of files that display here)? We should be able to determine the next steps once we confirm if that is what happened.

Thanks,
Dylan

Unfortunately i changed the watched folder to a new one and now all playlists point to the old folder which somehow became a corrupt path on its on
all of the music came over but no playlist associations…(should i start over and edit the old watched folder and delet the new one i added

i could show you the clean library folder but i do not see a command here to attach a file
it does say the following:
clean up 176 deleted files
clean uo 0 file…
clean up 0 files …