Playlists after migration

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on Gen 8 i7 Roon Version 1.7 build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Files on NAS exact same as before migration

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PecanPI by Orchard Audio, Sonos throughout house

Description Of Issue

I recently migrated my Roon Core from a QNAP NAS to an Intel NUC 8i7BEH. I did a backup the day of the migration. Installed ROC on the NUC following online instructions. Everything seems file except my playlists. The actual playlist shows up and lists all the songs. But above every song it say, in red, “Unavailable” and the playlist won’t play.

Any suggestions?

Hello @RPlace, and thanks for your report! Can you please send me a screenshot of “Settings > Storage” and also let me know if anything had changed since before the migration? Generally this issue would occur if one of the previously used watched folders wasn’t there, or if the playlist was moved away from the tracks. Thanks and please let me know!

Here you go. Stuff in green is same path on NAS, part circled in red is the QNAP where CORE was running before installing ROCK on NUC.

Thanks for following up!!!

Add images

Hello @RPlace, and thanks for the screenshot! Here’s what we need to do to get Roon back on track:

1. Restore your backup from before the migration
  2. Delete that second watched folder from your list of watched folders
  3. Add the top networked path to your watched folder list

What happened here is that you have the correct networked path to your music on there, but also a duplicate local path to it. Once you remove that we should be good to go!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.