Playlists having names with accented characters are missing from Roon [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 21” i7 16Gb 500GB SSD Mac OSX 10.14 Roon 1.7 build 500

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Internet via FTTC then copper to house, TP-Link Archer C9 router, all network is cat6 ethernet cables to devices and/or NetGear gigabit switches. Wirless 2.4 only in use for remote devices such as iPhones, iPads and a MacBook Pro.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Music is ripped fron CDs into .Flac files on the MacBook Pro using DbPowerAmp, then transferred to a Synology DS216j NAS File Station music folder and play lists created on the NAS using Audio Station. The NAS is ethernet cabled to the iMac via the router.

Description Of Issue

A recent acquisition is Ennio Morricone The Platinum Collection.
An example of the problem is the first track on CD3.
The track name has an accented character in position 3 i.e. Giù this track is not available in the Roon playlist imported from the NAS.
The same is true of any playlist track in the collection with an accented character in the filename.

I avoided the problem by changing all the Morricone accented name characters in the NAS and rescanning from Roon.

But - how many other playlists have this problem - it will be a lot of eyestrain to find them and change them.

Some of the forum entries from a year or two ago mention the same problem, but I did not see a solution where Roon sorted it out…

Is this possible? Have I missed something obvious?

Hi @Julian_Kettle — Apologies for the delay here!

I wanted to let you know that I confirmed with the team that we have a ticket open regarding this issue. I can’t make any promises about timelines, but we are aware of this issue and we’ll be sure to reach out as soon as we have more information.

Dylan,
Many thanks for your reply, it is good to know it is on a ticket.
Roon is great, I will look forward to it being even more impressive in the future…
Julian.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.