Playlists in Sidebar - Roon 2.0 Build 1373

Having the option of playlists in the sidebar is a nice idea but I feel it needs an element of control.

As it stands I have a massive list that feels cluttered and more than a bit lengthy to wade through on an iPhone for it to be really useful for quick access.

It would be better I feel, and speed up access, if you can select you favourite playlists to appear there rather than every single one. If you could add an option to the three dot menu button beside each playlist on the original playlist page to say, “Show in sidebar”. Otherwise the sidebar is just a repeat / duplication of the playlist page but clutters up the main screen.

Just a thought… I maybe on my own with this but thought I’d put it forward.

7 Likes

For the sake of completeness, the predominant initial feedback in the main feedback thread for this update agrees with you, in the first post and many following ones:

1 Like

Yeah, already spotted and posted a few suggestions there including using the new “Folders” feature to create a folder called Sidebar so you can easily playlists you want quick access to to show up there!

Yes. The playlist sidebar is making me clausterphobic. But in good news, Roon has been running smooth since the latest update!

1 Like