Roon 2.0 Build 1373 and ARC Build 237 Issues

Thanks for the update.

Please add the ability to collapse the playlist on the left side panel. Also, please add the ability to sort the list on the left side panel alphabetically.

Thanks.

EDIT: I wonder how long it will take people to find the “Settings” button? I like it.

8 Likes

Not expecting this! Love the update.
No issues in a small test.

Agreed with @Jim_F’s comments.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Blank screen in the playlist browser after the update

And make the playlist folders appear (and collapsable) in the sidebar. Having folders in the playlist view but not in the sidebar leads to a looooooooong list of playlists in the sidebar.

Edit: Or if expandable/collapsable folders in the sidebar are too much, make it so that I can have the folders at the top of the list in the sidebar and a single click takes me to this folder in the full playlist view. I am not a big playlist user at all but nevertheless I managed to have 30, and that’s already a very long list in the sidebar. I imagine that avid playlist users will have a hundred (or hundreds, knowing Roon users) and that’s pretty much useless in the sidebar.

Surprisingly big update and I’m sure it will make many people happy. The sync back to the streaming service is very cool

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz playlsits question and Daily Mixes inconsistent translation

Don’t know if it has something to do with the newest build (Roon 2.0 build 1373) but a few hours before this update was published suddenly several album images were missing in all my Roon Remotes (Windows and iOS). Before that moment Early Access worked without any problem and all the images were available.

Installing RoonServer update Build 1373 has not changed this issue. The missing album images are not coming back. What is going wrong? Is it an issue on my side or on Roon’s side?

1 Like

this was an unrelated known outage of Roon servers, several threads about it

@Suedkiez, thanks for your reply! Has the outage of Roon severs now been resolved and if so do you know how to get the album images back? They are still missing.

Do you have an link(s) to posts about the outage? (I am terrible sorry but I cannot find them).

I find the sidebar visually very busy now with the additional icons and I don’t like that on my MacBook Air 13".

I always had the sidebar enabled for quick access and I liked it this way. The just-text entries were visually calm and the display was clean with more or less just my album covers and unobtrusive text. And I didn’t feel that the sidebar got in the way or took away too much space,

But now after I update I immediately felt a bit agitated without knowing why until I noticed the icons, and have changed the setting to sidebar collapsed for now. But I don’t find it ideal having to click the hamburger menu every time to make the sidebar appear.

4 Likes

The known issue was fixed and images should be restored according to reports. But I should add that this only affected Qobuz albums AFAIK. Your case might be different…

This was the announcement for the fixed outage, posts a bit further up show how it looked (grey albums):

2 Likes

Can you show a screen grab as to how it looks?

At your service :slight_smile: With the sidebar “always enabled” on 13":

IMHO looks like the cheap wannabe competitors, not like classy Roon. I would appreciate at least a “no icons” option.

4 Likes

Ta, I see what you mean that could become very messy and scroll city.

1 Like

And, this is just too much. Need to be able to collapse Playlist and sort. All the ICONS just add clutter.

6 Likes

Indeed.

Other things:

• The rogue cut-off edit panel on mobiles is still there.
  • The Recently Played in ARC is still a total mess after switching Roon playing between two different home zones for a few days, it has little to do with what I really played. (As reported before)

Where can I read the release notes? Things look different and I’d like to see what changed, in detail.

Wait, I’m on Arc Build 232 and I don’t see an update in the iOS App Store. Is something wrong?

early access builds are in the TestFlight app

1 Like

I agree. I would also like to have the ability to create dynamic playlists that update based on the addition or removal of tags or other characteristics

1 Like

The same here. I had to move them all into the folder and then bring them back out to be able to see them again