Roon 2.0 Build 1373 and ARC Build 237 Issues

As always here:

On iOS, the Early Access updates for ARC and remote are delivered through the TestFlight app. You need to install them from there. I already got them.

As described here:

1 Like

Playlist
The new playlist side bar presentation needs to default to a collapsed state.
Also, if we can edit Qobuz playlists in our library directly, do we need the Import Playlist from Qobuz option anymore?

Settings Gear.

I don’t have an issue with the gear, I liked it the first time it was tried. I also can see Support tickets having a back and forth like this

“Go to Settings/General”
“I don’t see Settings on the Menu”
“Settings is now the small gear up at the top left above the menu by Roon, then go to General”

Followed Closely by “Where is the Full Screen Option now?”

Side Menu comments

• The Menu Side Bar font looks smaller and duller the grey color doesn’t work imho
  • Having everything in a single line without indenting is visually confusing
  • The icons do not help with anything and an option to turn them off would be good

Comparison for Review

Also, if you are going to pull up History into a primary view spot, then please also give us the much requested Focus tools for that page. :wink:

10 Likes

Would be nice if we could change the order of the playlists so we can have the most played playlists at the top

4 Likes

I realize I can’t make out any logic in the ordering of the playlists in the sidebar, which makes an option to sort them in some way even more appealing. (If not a separate sort, then maybe follow the sort option chosen in the main playlist page; though not sure if somehow this would be jarring)

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with this, I don’t feel we need the icons, the don’t add anything but screen clutter!

Also agree with this : IMHO looks like the cheap wannabe competitors, not like classy Roon. I would appreciate at least a “no icons” option.

5 Likes

I find it strange that clicking the settings gear once displays the options but clicking it again does not make them disappear. For that I must learn to click the back arrow instead.

4 Likes

Thrilled to see some love at last for playlists :smiley:

But I can’t seem to move any of my existing playlists into any of my newly created playlist folder on OSX desktop.

I click the dots … next to an existing playlist and select Move, select one of my new playlists folders and click the Move button. The window closed and I get a message to say the playlist has been moved.

But the playlist folder is still empty and the playlist is still in the main view. Go in and out of the views and still no playlists have been moved.

Have restarted both (Mac) desktop and sever (Rock), both on latest EA builds and still no luck.

(btw. making a copy of a playlist to a new folder does work).

Are you sure you’re running Build 1373 Early Access on Server and Remote? Can you post a screenshot of the About page?

1 Like

Hi @mike I was just about to edit my post to say that I just realised I wasn’t.

For some reason I seem to had gone back to a production build on my desktop.

Have just reinstalled the ES release and all is working as expected now.

So just updated ROCK, iPad (Roon Remote) and iPhone (Remote and ARC)

1. In ARC no Playlists are listed, either under Roon, Imported or on Tidal (Roon Remote reports 3 in Roon, 43 Imported and 42 on Tidal).
    Why isn’t ARC displaying the same?

This was the first update of ARC, where I didn’t have to set all settings again, and re-download content, after everything was blown away with the update.

1. Why can’t I just have a list of all Playlists irrespective of location?

I use Playlists defined within my Library as the order is fixed, as most are curated from Concert Setlists, I attended, where the running order is important. When these were in Roon it was too easy, as a left handed person, to re-order the Playlist and destroy the original running order.

I filed a Feature Request to be able to ‘lock’ a Playlist to prevent further editing, reordering etc. that was about 5-years ago.

When Roon corrupted my complete library and all backups were scrap, I lost all my of my existing Playlists, so as I recreated them, I did so in the Music Library, folder ‘Playlists’ where they are backed up as part of my rsync scripts, From one RAID1 volume to a 2nd RAID1 volume daily, and then to a RAID0 volume monthly (or so).

I previously just had a list of all Playlists. Although it is good to see which are on Roon, Imported and on Tidal/Qobuz, can this be filter options with the default being to display all.

+1 on the collapsable playlists section, the sidebar becomes too busy for my tastes (and too colourful - I’m too boring for all that fun and colour)

Z

3 Likes

My Test Flight updated my early access ARC but will not connect because it is asking for a Roon Server update but Roon is running latest. How do I access the early access Roon Server? This is the first time ARC has been locked out of Roon after it updated.

Are you in the Early Access program or not? If so, you should have received the Roon update notice already. Or, go to Roon - Settings - About and update from there.

If you are not in the Early Access program, delete the TestFlight version of Roon ARC and download the production version from the App Store.

Then, get it from here…

I like work being put into the playlists!

I really wish there was a way Roon could auto-subscribe to the “My Weekly Q” playlist in Qobuz. Right now when you add that auto-generated playlist, it adds that weeks version of the playlist, so it’s a manual process each week if I want to get the new playlist.

My other wishlist item is that the team adds a privacy toggle on playlists. I don’t want everyone’s playlists everywhere by default. I understand it can help QOL in some scenarios, so maybe some option where when I make a playlist “hidden”, it just means it’s not on the sidebar or main Playlist menu, but I can click something to access everyone’s playlists?

Honestly, I like it. But like others mentioned, a playlist collapsable option would be welcome. Currently looks like a copy of TIDAL Home Screen.

1 Like

I skimmed through the previous comments and did not see anything related but please forgive if this has been mentioned already:

I was excited to see some changes to the way playlists work but was very surprised that a, at least to me, glaring omission is still present in the current build: no notification if duplicates are added. Why does Roon not tell me, that a song I am going to add to a playlist is already in that playlist? I know that you can turn on playlist links but those are not visible on mobile or in ARC so they are not a good workaround.

2 Likes

After update, Roon ARC doesn’t see almost any playlists

Roon

Roon ARC

I like the new sidebar with the icons, but an option to collapse and sort/organize the playlists is needed, I think.

3 Likes

Echoing the comments about the need to have the Playlists list collapsed by default. However, I can’t help also wondering why the list is there in the first place, after all, none of the other browsers have a list option in the sidebar.

Why do it just for Playlists? It just seems a wee bit pointless to me, but then, I’m not really into using Playlists anyway.

9 Likes