Please report station errors here

Hi John, use Hamburger > My Live Radio > add station…

Add a name etc and off you go.

In the meantime, I’ll add the station to the main database.

I’ve added WSB Radio
Use the magnifying glass to search and it should be near the bottom of the results.
Please check if OK. You can then add the station to your library and it will appear in my live radio

Regarding GA public radio. Something funny is going on there; I have VPN’d to the US but the station refuses to play.
For the time being I have added a third stream which does work.
Can you check please?

Hello Brian, Yes and yes! WSB and Georgia Public Radio with appropriate logos, along with all the Local Stations play just fine.
You guys really set the standard for help and service.
Once again, its Roon to the rescue!
Thanks a bunch Brian.
John

1 Like

Hi All,

Europa Jazz HD has stopped playing for me. The embedded stream here plays, but it no longer works in roon:

https://www.europaradiojazz.org/

1 Like

You’re right, it won’t play in Roon. The Tunein link won’t work either.

Looking at the low level replies I suspect they have recently upgraded their stream and Roon currently won’t play it. I will explore further and raise it with the Roon devs.

Thanks for the tip off and sorry for the time being.

PS I assume this was one of your My Live Radio stations as it isn’t in our database.

1 Like

correct, my live radio, and i was surprised it’s not in Roon, since i first discovered it in the great radio station thread.

thanks for checking into it.

I’ll add it when we find a working stream - don’t let me forget!

1 Like

BellyUp4Blues seems to be “broken…”. Can you take a look? Thanks!

Yes, stream changed. Added the new one.

Sorry and thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Wyoming Public Radio station in Laramie, Wyoming has intermittent drop-out issues which will give the error message "the URL may have changed… I had some Roon Core issues that Norris helped me correct. This seems to be the only station with this problem. They do have a very high quality stream of AAC258, so I wonder if that is part of the problem. This station is listed as part of the Roon internet stations available. I don’t know how many Roon listeners use this station. They have a good morning music program and a very high quality stream. Thanks.
Mike Gormley

Sorry for the delay - Roon radio was down…

I was able to listen OK, but maybe I didn’t listen long enough. Do you get problems with the lower quality streams? If certainly does sound like a problem with your setup.

At this quality, not many - Roon or otherwise! From their server:

BTW, their own website does not refer to, or use, this stream.

Brian,
When the station drops out it doesn’t matter which quality stream I use (tried the lower quality stream). Found some information on their website that they have had dropouts and disconnects and contracted with a new streaming company. They reported new streaming equipment up and running on 4/10/2020. Maybe still a few bugs. Will contact them. Will let you know. Thanks. Since this is the only station, probably not a Roon problem or problem with my core or internet service.

Ok, thank you for the info. I had noticed that some streams came from a different server. Both seemed active when I tried them, but just in case, I’ll add extra streams from the new server. Unfortunately for you, that doesn’t have any high quality aac streams.

Michael,
I see the other, official, streams are for Jazz, Classical and ‘sounds’. Just the one for talk.
At the moment, I have added talk. Is that right?
Perhaps I should set up 4 different stations.

I have the one for both talk (which is music at times) and jazz (which I think is mostly syndicated programming). The “talk” station has good eclectic music programming from 9am-noon and may also have music programming in the evening. Their sound quality is outstanding on the “talk” station. Thanks.
Mike Gormley

Ok, I’ll add Jazz, Classical and sounds as separate stations tomorrow.

Wyoming Public Radio
Wyoming Sounds
Jazz Wyoming
Classical Wyoming

…are now in library

Thanks very much Brian. Makes the station access much easier. Appreciate all Roon’s support.
Mike Gormley

1 Like

The BassDrive station doesn’t seem to work anymore. I’ve tried almost all options (there are quite a few) but none of them start streaming. Strangely enough, there’s no error message, it just refuses to play. Can someone test if this station (Music --> electronic --> Drum’N Bass) is working?