Please report station errors here

It looks like one set of streams from one of their servers no longer works. I’ve removed them and will try and tidy up the remaining ones (why so many?).

Let me know if any better now.

1 Like

It now works fine. Thanks!
The quality of the default stream is actually a bit higher than 128KBit (vbr ~ 200 kbits)

Good. I’ve tried to tidy up a bit more. You may notice a stream added or missing from last time you looked, but should still be fine.

Sorry for the trouble.

(PS the stream rate is as reported by Roon’s stream tester, but if that’s wrong I can change it. I’ll monitor it myself for a bit.)

You’re right, although BassDrive’s own server reports

When I analyse using Mediainfo I get 192 being reported, which is what I see with Roon’s signal path. It’s that VBR, and how it’s being implemented.

I’ll leave things as they are; I suppose the rate could fall back depending on the music. Anyway enjoy the higher resolution while it’s there.

Brian

1 Like

Hi
Classic FM is no longer playing see info below
http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s8439&formats=mp3,aac

The station in Roon’s own database had problems with the AAC stream but I’ve fixed it.

Either use the Roon station Classic FM - UK or paste one of the streams shown there.

1 Like

I would like to play this radio station via ROON:

I have tried everything, but no luck.
It seems it is using a HLS stream and it is not recognized by Roon.
Could you help me, please?
Thank you.

I’m sorry, but no. Every alternative source I’ve tried all use that HLS stream - it comes out as chunked .ts streams and Roon can’t currently cope.

Roon devs are aware of this shortcoming.

@dylan for info.

Works a treat now Can’t fault you for the rapid response and fix.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.I know that comes like that, but I think many radio stations which have also tv channels (like that I am talking about) will adopt this new streaming method.
I don’t know what Roon is using for radio streaming, but ffmpeg could re-steam this kind of radio stream right now.
The workaround for me is to re-stream to icecast and after that to Roon.
Anyways, it is annoying to have this approach, but maybe it can be solved in the future.

I can only sympathise and I do agree that these streams are only going to become more common in future.

Apologies again.

Hi Brian:

Can you take a look at Sanctuary Radio - Retro 80’s channel? Stopped working a couple days ago…

http://www.sanctuaryradio.com/

THANKS!!!

Hmm, the official channel is indeed not working.
I’ve added the official alternative!

Try now.

1 Like

Indeed it is. Thank you sir!

Excellent. Don’t wait for two days next time!

1 Like

Hi Brian. Any luck/update on adding Europaradiojazz?

https://europaradiojazz.org/

1 Like

just tried a few again… still no joy. It’s a roon bug. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

KPCC 89.3 from Pasadena, CA has stopped working.

Thanks for working through all of these details.

John

Changed the stream. Try now.

1 Like

Thanks Brian; that did it!