Please report station errors here

Brian thanks so much works great

1 Like

Hi, the link to WBBM Newsradio in Chicago is not working, this appears to be the correct link:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @JBo , I’ve updated the links, try now.

1 Like

The station WGN Radio in Chicago is not working. The correct link appears to now be:

Sorry, hit reply too soon:

https://v7player.wostreaming.net/3614

Works great! Thanks

WGN works for me. Are those streams wrong?

For WGN, I get an error that “playback failed because a track failed to load”

On both streams?

yes on both streams

I’ve just checked again via a different route - still no problems.

Are you using your own version (added via my live radio) or the roon database version?

Sorry about the delay – I’m purely using the Roon Datase version, latest version. I"m a newbie, just signed up a couple days ago when I heard about Roon ARC

Metadata incorrect / metadata incorrectly displayed?
Across multiple builds (now on 2.0), multiple devices (Android x3 and Windoze), multiple radio stations.
All from Roon’s radio database. Examples are WQXR and Classical 24.

Metadata sometimes appears correct. Often artist/composer and title are swapped. Right now WQXR has been playing the Peer Gynt Suite for 3 days. Usually the artist and title are swapped. Classical 24 may start out just fine then switch to the artist and title swap problem between selections.

Still enjoying the music. Be nice to have the correct display. Open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Jan Erik

Problem is on station side, not Roon. Metadata is incorrect also using other players (like VLC). You can report the issue to WQXR directly.

Classical 24 is broadcasting metadata in a wrong way, in the form “'Title - Artist”, where Roon expect the conventional “Artist - Title”. This creates issues for Roon to properly identify what’s Playing.
This can be improved, I’ll take care of this against 10000$ or a thumbs up :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is puzzling. However, there is a faint chance that the m3u playlist stream is upsetting things for you. I’ve broken out one of the streams and added it explicitly - try that one. It’s the one with a session ID in the URL.

:+1: :+1:
How about two?..

Brian, that worked! The mp3 stream works now, the aac stream still does not work. I reset the default stream to mp3. Thanks

Well, that’s good. But why not the m3u8?
What is your core on?

MacOS (latest version)

Ok, that should be fine.

However, humour me, can you try
KFAN, KFXN Sports Radio. This is a. .aac only station and I’d like to test your aac codec.