Please try this simple test if you subscribe to Qobuz (and Roon)

You may be off topic but I’ll take you up on that topic anyway. I don’t disagree except to note that Copland’s beloved and distinctive compositional style underwent a jarring change when he adopted the international style of his late 20th century colleagues. I try to listen to his music from this period occasionally but do not find it particularly engaging. I wonder if that’s part of the reason for his being under-appreciated. But maybe you have a completely different opinion. Let’s hear it!

Who would you nominate for a list of overrated composers from this era? Could be fun to discuss.

That’s a tough question because I like better to say nice things about musicians rather than bad things.

Being French, my answer would be : had Boulez been a composer as great as the director he was, he would have been one of the best of his era.

Fair enough that one should say good things. But I don’t understand what you mean about Boulez: “if he had been a great composer, he would have been better than he was”? Sorry, confused. Do you think he is a great composer?