Poor performance when filtering/searching in Tracks view

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Thanks for the timestamp! There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary around the time you shared, but I did see repeating 404s around when Roon was querying albums from Tidal and Qobuz.

I’d be interested to see how things function if you temporarily disable Tidal and see how search performs. Then test the same thing by disabling Qobuz separately.

I’ll be on standby for your results. Thanks!

There was no noticeable change after disabling Tidal and/or Qobuz.

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Thanks for the update. Re-reading this thread, it’s not clear to me if you tested out disabling a decent chunk of your local library to see if that changes performance?

I see that you’ve restricted things a fair amount - I’d be curious to see if disabling half your local library makes any difference in search times. We’ve reviewed your diagnostics another time but still don’t see any errors pointing toward sluggish performance.

Do you use any third party metadata editors before importing your files into Roon?

Thanks for checking in again.

I can’t disable part of the local library since its all in the internal storage of the Nucleus. I can’t just select certain subfolders and not others like you could if it were on a NAS or other filesystem.

I did disable Tidal and Qobuz, but that made no difference.

I’ve used several different metadata editors such as Yate and PerfectTunes over the years to do metadata editing after ripping from CDs using dBpoweramp.

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Yes of course, my apologies for the confusion there.

When using Yate and PerfectTunes, did you ever create manual tags from the app prior to importing into Roon?

We’ll be discussing this issue with our development team early next week, so I’m hoping to have more information to share then.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.