Poor signal path and what to do about it

the one I subscribed to!
Apparently there is a learning curve to everything.
Let me query Tidal and see what I can do

I expect you subscribed to the Premium level. The HiFi one has lossless content, but is more expensive.

Their site is not clearly marked to do that. Gimme a few.

That sounds right
Premium - $9.99 USD a month with standard sound quality, high definition music videos, and expertly curated editorial.

Whereas

That does not appear to be on the home page.

So many sub menus! Damn!
Got upgraded!
Finally.
Old school hifi was much simpler.
Put on a Sheffield Labs record and it sounded great!

Great. Glad you got it sorted out! Enjoy!

Still getting poor quality!

I see I spoke too soon. Maybe sign out of your Tidal subscription in Roon and log back in again and see if that helps at all?

Will do and get back with you.

Please make sure you have ā€˜Hifiā€™ selected as streaming qualityā€¦ For this, select the Services menu and click on ā€˜Editā€™ for your Tidal account:

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 17.19.31

Canā€™t find services!

From the Roon menu select ā€˜Settingsā€™, then it is the third topic from the topā€¦

I was looking on Tidal.

NOW Iā€™m getting lossless!
Thanks folks.
Anyone needing help setting up either pivoted or linear tracking tonearms, let me know!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the sort of reason I got into computer based audio twenty years ago :slightly_smiling_face: (and bought a linear tracking turntable)
If you need further help come back to the forum, as you can see we will get you there eventuallyā€¦

2 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truth! :grin:

Although having all this great music at my fingertips is addictive. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.