Pops and buzzes

Do let me know the outcome, either on the forum or through PM. My symptoms are in the annoying “intermittent category “ so very hard to tie down but the fact that Jussi has managed to replicate your issue gives me cause for optimism.
.sjb

1 Like

My comment about preferring the dsd 512 was probably due to cognitive bias, sorry. Now that I am not upsampling twice, I find the sound more pleasing, less digital!lol.

Yesterday listened to Led Zeppelin 4 very loudly, good t8mes. I think I noticed some very quiet clicks I think. More time will be necessary to be sure.

Out right now - I’ll post a screen when I return.

Good to see smarter folks than I are working on it.

1 Like

Well the clicks did not disappear

Hear is a screen shot of my HQ settings, sample rate conversion is disabled in Roon.

Hi George,

Some suggestions, try them singly and in combination:

The modulator you are using is designed for rates of DSD 512 and up. Try DSD7 256+fs instead.

Try setting DAC bits to 24.

Try setting buffer time to 5ms.

Just my five cents, good starting point:

Buffer time: Default

Oversampling: poly-sinc-shrt-2s
Modulator: ASDM7

Multicore DSP: grayed (auto-config)

No other changes to the above.

1 Like

Thanks,

Thinking I will make all suggested changes first to see if that works and if so maybe work backwards to see where the culprit lies.

Try all of Jussi’s first I’d say.

Will do - thankyou

Seems to have worked. Here are my settings. I’ll use them as a baseline against which to try other settings. Thankyou for your help.

1 Like

Update to the Rendu’s via sonicOrbiter OS (released today) has fixed the pops at DSD512 at my end.

2 Likes

Nice! Good to see Jussi fixed this.

1 Like

@Sloop_John_B have all pops disappeared at DSD512 for you too with the latest Rendu NAA update?

And how about the OP @John_Culver