Connected via WIFI

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk x6 r8000 with a FreshTomato 2019.1 firmware

Connected Audio Devices

Powernode N330
Connected via WIFI

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My Roon Core (trial subscription) is on a Windows 11 PC (DELL XPS 15 with power and storage to spare) connected via WIFI to the same router.
I have a Bluesound PowerNode (N330) connected via ethernet to the router (Netgear Nighthawk x6 r8000 with a FreshTomato 2019.1 firmware).
I only saw the PowerNode listed in the Audio zone once and for a few minutes; after that, it disappeared.
My Sonos (connected via a different WIFI network to the same router) is correctly identified.
I tried to connect the PowerNode to the same WIFI network as the Core’s one to no avail. I also reset to factory settings the Powernode and restarted both the router and the windows machine with roon core.

The latest roon log is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16qTpkDCXUY7ZPGQ6fftaE8OuB0grG3EB/view?usp=share_link

@S_Passerini, welcome to the Community. Can you provide additional information on your network, especially what you mean by

Roon requires all devices (Core, Remotes, Bridges, connected endpoints) to be on the same subnet, two different WiFi networks or cabled Ethernet networks are not supported. Additional information on your network configuration would help Roon and the Community in supporting your question.

Hi Robert,
thanks for your reply.
The devices are all in the same subnet albeit on different interfaces (ethernet the powernode, a 2.4Ghz wifi network the sonos, and a 5Ghz wifi network the core on windows).
I managed to make it work by installing the core on an old MacBook (wifi 5ghz) while the powernode stays on the ethernet; at this point, I don’t really care to fix the problem on the windows core as I only use roon to stream Qobuz (no local library) and I don’t need CPU heavy DSP functions so the mac is ok.
Regards
Salvatore

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I also changed your name.

1 Like