Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

Since this can be fixed by turning on screen recording, surely there’s a way of fixing it? It never used to be a problem.

Every once in a while I turn on screen recording just so I can get a taste of how my Roon remote could feel like in a perfect world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then I remember my internal storage is limited :grin:

Does screen recording turn down the frame rate? Then it’s probably like

1 Like

No the opposite - it forces 120Hz for the whole time it’s active. I’m guessing this is what fixes the scrolling issue. Just got no idea why this can’t be fixed within the Roon app.

3 Likes

What baffles me is why for some it works just fine and for some it does not, even though we have the remote on identical phones running the same iOS.

1 Like

Not only that, but I find it very intermittent. No issue at all on my iPhone 13 Pro, but from time to time it happens on my 10.5” iPad Pro. I’ll be in, say, albums, go to swipe up a screen’s worth, and the display goes up two or three screens.
If that does occur, it won’t happen again for an age. Very odd.

My iPad Pro is well behaved when it comes to Roon.

It glitches occasionally but too rare for me even to be bothered about it.

Forgot which model it is though. About 2 years old I would say.

This is my main remote since I don’t enjoy the temperamental scrolling on the iPhone :worried:

To some extent, i agree.
What is also pretty inconsistent, is that different views gives different impressions.
I generally don’t suffer from this anymore, Albums view is pretty good. If i “View more” from Latest added on the home screen, the scrolling behaviour is way worse than in Albums view, and basically unacceptable.

Its time to leve the general development environments and actually creata a native iOS app, “because we’re worth it”!

I mean, all of these does this much better:
Bluesound
Auralic
Esoteric
mConnect
JRemote
iPeng
Linn Kazoo

2 Likes

This! :clap:t2:

1 Like

I had not used Roon for couple of weeks and rarely for months. But now when I opened it I think scrolling is worse than it has ever been in my iPad Pro 11inch. If it helps, looks like it is worse in latest added albums and almost as bad in general album list.

I did try it multiple times, so problem is not that album art was not in memory.

2 Likes

It’s even worse for albums viewed through Tags

1 Like

@support

I don’t want to be a rude but loyal paying customer… but what gives?

The amount of people complaining (including myself) about this, only to be met with complete and utter ignorance is simply offensive.

5 Likes

Yep……SSDD

Probably they are waiting to see if the iPad catches on before investing any time fixing it. Passing fad perhaps?

1 Like

I admire your persistence Dieter.

It’s been two years (?) now and time we all give up.

Roon wins :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I haven’t renewed my subscription and use the application exclusively on my WIIM Pro, which offers an incredible user experience: smooth, fast, 0 crashes…
Bye Bye Roon, and thank you for your lack of consideration.

I’m waiting for a possible fix by following this thread, and I’ll ask for a trial period to make sure that the user experience will be in line with the price charged.

1 Like

If only this were true. Scrolling issues aside, there are some important (to me) settings that are not accessible on tablets. :frowning:

#support

I use iPhone 13 Pro. I see the stutters in transitions while scrolling home pages. When I turn on screen recorder, bug disappears. What is it?

1 Like

This has been an issue for years, still no fix although some attempts have seemed to have made improvements in certain cases. I learned to ignore it.

What iPhone do u use? Sometimes people who use iPhones under 13 Pro version can’t see the difference, because they don’t have ProMotion haha.

I didn’t see this stutter on the other phones. But I used people’s phones at least 1 time and on iOS 15.6.

Currently an iPhone 14 Pro Max.