Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

What else did u find on your iPhone? I found a lot of bugs and features connected to ProMotion. For example, lack of frames on default system apps: they have only 80Hz besides 120Hz. Third-party apps like Twitter, Telegram, Chrome, Pinterest, etc. have permanent 120Hz. But iPhone Settings, Weather, App Library on Homescreen, Notions and so on do not have.

What do u know about this problem>

How this topic can fix the issue? Or it’s just a kinda storage of bugs connected to mine?

As I already mentioned there is no fix for this issue but there are a number of threads on this topic already. One of the more recent threads that is still open for comments has been posted above for you to see.

2 Likes

It’s the existing thread about the known issue that you seem to be experiencing. There’s no fix

2 Likes

Anyone have any luck with today’s release?

I haven’t tried it yet, but I just read one post where today’s update made it worse for them. :frowning:

It doesn’t really make a big difference for me. Still choppy scrolling all over the place.

Scrolling artists and albums seems to be somewhat improved, but the home tab for example is still a big mess.

2 Likes

Hi All,

@Saturn94 is correct in that we did just release an update related to iOS scrolling behavior. This release is focused on a specific issue regarding vertical scrolling jerkiness when a gesture gains significant horizontal motion.

In other words, before this release scrolling would stop abruptly or stop responding altogether to certain scroll gestures based on the natural arc of scrolling with your thumb. We were able to push this release because of users who were able to provide specific details about their scrolling issue, along with very clear steps to reproduce.

They were also able to share a video of the scrolling issue that captured their actual hand gesture, rather than just a screen recording of the gesture’s effect.

I apologize if this release didn’t fix your long-standing scrolling issue. I know some of you have had a poor experience on mobile devices for quite a while now. We see and hear you. If your issue persists, please start a new thread and provide the following information:

1. Model of mobile device
  2. Video recording of the issue and hand gesture (typically recorded from a separate phone)
  3. Precise reproduction steps

Thanks, everyone!

3 Likes

I have noticed an improvement on the Now Playing screen when scrolling up and down on the review/artist bio sections. It’s definitely more tolerant of less than perfect vertical swiping. Also, the text is not making large jumps up and down like it use to when scrolling. Before this update those screens were completely unusable for me.

I’m new to Roon. The scrolling lag/jitter/non smoothness is happening on my iPhone 14 pro as well. I can’t imagine what is was like pre the latest iOS app update. Wish it could be like the Tidal app scrolling…super smooth.

Any settings that help this? It’s my only app that performs this way with scrolling.

Thanks.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

• Model: Macbook Pro 2013
  • CPU: 2.3GHz i7
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Storage: 500GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

• Router: Netgear Orbi RBR750
  • Speed: ~500MB/s download

Connected Audio Devices

• Streamer: Wiim Pro Plus
  • Roon Remote: iOS 2.0.01303
  • Device Model: iPhone 14 Pro, A2650
  • Device OS: iOS 16.6.1
  • Device Storage: 512GB

Number of Tracks in Library

Tracks: Streaming only

Description of Issue

When scrolling either vertically or horizontally on most pages, the screen lags during the scroll animation. This results in a jittery experience that I don’t reproduce on any other of my iOS applications. I’m unable to capture this on video as my camera’s frame rate is lower than the screen refresh rate.

Other Note

I’m a new Roon subscriber and while pleased with the service, dissatisfied with the smoothness of the remote app. It degrades my enjoyment of using it and I’m not sure if I will continue my subscription.

1 Like

On the latest iOS app with iPhone 14 pro. Performance is still very poor.

1 Like

I’m about to get the new iPhone 15 Pro after always using Android and the suspense is unbearable :joy:

Well you wouldn’t be joking about that if you are one of the many iOS users suffering from these issues for years. But looking forward to welcoming you to the club :wink:

Not joking, just nervous

Well now also got the new iPhone 15 Pro - and don’t want to sadden your anticipation - but the problems are still there even with that high end smartphone setup.

I still have to wait.

Got it in the meantime?

@benjamin How do you want users (still) affected by this to proceed? And is there any more progress?

Naaa, Oct 25 to Nov 2 :slight_smile:

I would have thought like in the instructions a few posts up?